Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saferidesue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 12:35 PM
    I changed the pickup module, dist. Cap and the rotor now my car won't start?
    I have spark from the coil wire to the distributer but no spark from the distributer to the spark plug wires. Why?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Incorrect rotor or distributor cap? Short? Distributor cap not seated on the distributor housing properly? Spark plug wires not fully seated in the distributor cap? High resistance in the spark plug wires--replace if you have over 60,000 miles on them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

97 Chevy Pickup 1500 with 5.7 L engine - won't start - changed starter 3x, What Next? [ 2 Answers ]

This 97 Chevy truck- 1500 4x4 with 5.7L Vortec, was running fine after installing a new starter, then after driving it only about 7 miles, I brought it in the garage, tried to start it again to move it forward - just kept getting the same clicking I got before I replaced the starter. Returned...

Removing CRV rotor cap [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the ignition coil on my 2001 CRV. I have read instructions saying in order to remove the rotor cap to get to the coil, there is a screw that needs to be removed. I cannot find a screw anywhere - I have turned the cap repeatedly and completely removed the distributor to...

Car driven without Oil cap. Won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok First off, I drive a '94 MITSUBISHI Galant. A couple of days ago I added some oil to it and was about to go for an oilchange. I guess I forgot to put the cap back on. (I know.. ) So I drove without it for maybe a week... I was fine until I had to stay home for 2 days and now the car won't...

94 integra no spark after replacing cap & rotor [ 3 Answers ]

Replaced cap and rotor car started afterwards then died after 10 sec now I have no spark. Put old cap and rotor on still nothing. I have power coming out of the coil, I think the ignitor is bad but not sure also I don't here the injectors clicking when trying to turn over car, but I am not sure if...

Would my car not start from leaving my gas cap off? [ 8 Answers ]

Before my 1990 honda civic stopped running I took the gas cap off to use on another car temporarly (Its a long story). Before I removed that gas cap it was working fine I think I left it off for about a week before putting it back on. It wouldn't start the next time I tried to drive it. Does...

View more questions Search