Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indocheri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 05:06 PM
    income elasticity
    If there has been a 10 percent increase in consumer income between two periods, what was the percentage change in the demand for tobacco products and flour? Where income elasticity for these products is given as .50 and -0.36 respectively.

How do I use this in the income elasticity demand formula :

E. of I = change in Q/Q over change in I/I

Thank you.
    Vivi1987 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 12:48 AM
    Price ealasticity = % change in quantity (Formula)
    % change in the price

% change in quantity= change in quantity (Step 1)
    avarage quantity

% change in price = change in price (Step 2)
    average price

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On NJ Tax form, for income taxed by NY, do I use the NY AGI or NY Taxable Income amt? [ 1 Answers ]

When filling out the NJ Income Tax form, I have to identify the amount of income taxed by NY State. Do I use the Adjusted Gross Income value (NY form IT-203) line 31, or the NY Taxable Income value from line 37?

Wealth & Income Dispersion, Income Mobility, and Economic Injustice [ 20 Answers ]

There's a lot of trash being talked here and elsewhere these days about how income and wealth are distributed among the US populace, how these distributions are changing, what is causing these changes, and whether those changes are benign or malevolent. Beyond that lie the questions of whether,...

Cross elasticity [ 1 Answers ]

Pioneer, a major competitor, sells 50-inch Plasma TV for MSRP base price of $3,689, and assume that before Sony’s proposed price cut, 180,000 units of Pioneer 50-inch Plasma TV were sold in a week. If the cross price elasticity of demand between Sony 46-inch LCD TV and Pioneer 50-inch Plasma TV is...

View more questions Search