Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Celsius to Fahrenheit
    Hi, can anyone tell me the most accurate way to convert Celsius into Fahrenheit without the use of a calculator? Someone told me to double the temp in Celsius then add 30, but this is a very rough conversion.
    Any help would be great, thanks.:)
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Jun 11, 2007, 06:18 AM
    1-to convert Fαhrenheit to Celsius, subtrαct 32 degrees αnd divide by 1.8.
    2-to convert Celsius to Fαhrenheit, multiply by 1.8 αnd αdd 32 degrees.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 06:19 AM
    To convert Celsius to Fahrenheit; take the degrees in Celsius and multiply it by nine-fifths. Then add thurty two.

For example: Celsius degree of 100 degrees. Multiplied by nine-fifths = 180 degrees. Adding the thirty two = 212 degrees Fahrenheit.

Another method is to take the Celsius degree, add forty, then multiply by nine-fifths, then subtract forty. So 100 degrees + 40 = 140. 140 x 9/5 = 252. 252-40 = 212.
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

F = (9/5)*C + 32
    To go back from C to F
    C = (5/9) * (F-32)

Hope this helps
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Hey that's real easy, use Google.
    It's a little known fact that Google can be used for convertions and other maths functions.
    Have a look at this: Google Help : Search Features
    And this
    Google Guide Quick Reference: Google Advanced Operators (Cheat Sheet)
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jun 12, 2007, 04:55 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys. Really helpful. Shygrneyzs... I meant to write 'thanks v much' also, but pressed the return key too soon by mistake!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2007, 05:03 AM
    Yeah Google is great for all of this kind of stuff. Especially currency conversion which is all nicely up to date :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fahrenheit/Celsius [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell MagicStat/32 programmable thermostat, which has been working fine for years. Today it is reading temps. In celsius rather than fahrenheit, and I can't find any switch to change it back, nor can I find any reference to making this change in the instructions manual. I am sure it...

How to change honeywell RTH6300b from Fahrenheit to Celsius [ 2 Answers ]

HI there I bought this Honeywell RTH6300B last year, but I could't find anyway to set the Fahrenheit to Celsius. Thanku

Is it possible to have liquid water at temps above 100 degrees Celsius [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I was just wondering is it possible and if so how to have liquid water at temperatures above 100 degrees Celsius??

Fahrenheit scale [ 1 Answers ]

Most countries use the metric system, including in weather reports. Most airports now have automated weather systems that disseminate reports using the Celsius scale for temperature, and meters/second for wind speed. Do you think the U.S. should eliminate the Fahrenheit scale entirely and report...

View more questions Search