Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 6, 2007, 06:01 AM
    LMAO, it is funny you say that. I live in a small town, and a lady tried that with her horse. It probably would have been okay had it not be February, the poor horse froze to death on the ride home.
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

Jun 6, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Lmao it doesn't surprise me at all, got to love people and ways of thinking, lmao
    I bet she really didn't think twice about it either.

Jun 6, 2007, 06:11 AM
    No she didn't, but she was a little on the odd side. She really thought it would be okay, and I think that is why she was never charged with animal cruelty. Oh, what a world we live in.
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

Jun 6, 2007, 06:15 AM
    And some think tiddely winks is just a game, oh how wrong they are!
    MrPippin Posts: 87, Reputation: 17
    -

Jun 6, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyviper
    I have spent close to $300 at the vets in the last 2 mos on my puppy boy and today another $40 at the groomers. He is becoming almost as expensive as my 13 yr old daughter.
    There is no such thing as a free puppy. Along with pet ownership comes financial responsibility. There are some people who put a animal down that still has a lot of life left in them just because they can't afford to get the animal treated. Vets need to make a living too (just like preachers). It is rarely easy or cheap to be responsible. Another consideration for you might be, if you are having trouble paying for vaccinations, can you afford to pay for the treatment of the disease should your gamble not work out?
    -

Jun 6, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWill
    My yearly vet costs 0.00$
    my doctors degree in Vet med. just shy of 10 years to pay off at 319K and some change. I think you got off cheap.
    If you break that 319k out over the years you have been practicing veterinary medicine your vet bill is a lot higher than mine.

Just a guess $319,000 / 20 = $26,583.34 per year. You have me beat... :)
    -

Jun 6, 2007, 06:53 AM
    I don't have a bathtub, but I have tried it...Getting him to stay in the shower is difficult, I usually end up in there with him. It is not easy trying to find something to bathe a 55lb puppy in. The cats just get the sink, but my boy def won't fit in there.

The jack asses that owned the house before I did took out the bathtub, I don't know why but they did. My dad and I were going to gut it and start over that summer, but he passed away that March so we didn't get it done.
    My best seller, the $9.99 dog wash. Note it says "wash" not groom or brushed. You would be surprised at how many folks think I am going to do it all for that price... :)

A 55 lb dog can be washed pretty well in the back yard with a hose too. After all it is almost summer (of course it is always warm in SW Florida).

Just a personal preference but I like the Revolution for my dogs. It protects against Fleas, Heartworms, Ticks, Ear Mites, and Sarcoptic Mange all in one dosing.

Jun 6, 2007, 06:13 PM
    I can't remember why, but the vet said that Frontline was better for him. Maybe he just wanted to charge me for both the Heartguard and Frontline... lol

I think it had something to do with him being a collie, but I am not sure.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 08:48 PM
    I was nicked $95 for 7 Revolution packs today. It does both heartworm and fleas, plus a number of other things. My vet says it is cheaper than Heartgard+ and a good flea remedy. The last Heartgard+ plus pack I bought was $40. I use it in what passes for winter here.

Note, the active ingredient in most heart worm remedies is dispensed for pennies in third world countries to prevent river blindness.
    Doc Pixel Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 09:00 PM
    I don't have a bathtub, but I have tried it...Getting him to stay in the shower is difficult, I usually end up in there with him.
    There are commercial places that will charge you $10 to bathe your dog in their tub, there are neighbors and friends with bathtubs, you can get a sink faucet/garden hose connection so you can bathe him in warm water outside, you can find a barter group and barter to have someone put a bathtub in... Not to be pushy, but there are solutions to problems all over the place; just got to look for them.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 10:11 PM
    One of the best is to not bathe the dog. A healthy dog, brushed regularly, seldom if ever needs a bath. Aster hasn't had a bath in almost 4 years and is still acceptable in her frequent public outings including indoor dinner meetings I take her too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Underwear is important! [ 3 Answers ]

Always wear clean underwear in public, especially when working under your vehicle... From the Northwest Florida Daily News comes this story of a Crestview Couple who drove their car to Wal-Mart, only to have their car break down In the Parking lot. The man told his wife to carry on with the...

Puppy Vaccinations in UK [ 1 Answers ]

Here puppies have 2 vaccinations about 2-3 weeks apart. So do they both contain the same ingredients and in the same amounts or not?

Are looks that important? [ 11 Answers ]

Is it the way I feel when I am with her? Or is it the way I feel when she is not around? Or both we get along really good and I am a bit scared of getting too close because of past relationships. So is it something that I will just know or what? I thought I felt that way before but it was jaded....

Which is more important? [ 1 Answers ]

The city I live in is having a huge ice storm. The driving conditions are horrible and there are several thousands of people without electricity because of the ice. My fiancé works at a retail store. I asked him to call in because I didn't want him on the road and the news was advising people to...

Fraud really important [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, as you seen about 2-3 weeks ago on front page of the newspaper in windsor ontario I kind of made front page... any ways I'm getting charged with a lot of stuff I'm wondering if I would get time.. I have no previous record ( Conspiracy to Commit an Indictable Offence, Possession of Property...

View more questions Search