Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shelley Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2005, 01:07 PM
    Sleepy Head puppy
    My 12 week Chihuahua puppy is such a sleepy head but a really good boy. He is VERY energetic while he is awake, he eats and plays for about an hour and a half and then he gets really sleepy, jumps on my lap and then passes out for about 2 and a half hours and does it all day long. I was wondering if this is normal and if this will be his pattern even when he is an adult.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2005, 02:43 PM
    It seems dogs of all ages can spend an amazing amount of time sleeping. I knew a lady that had a Lab puppy that never slept except when she put him in his crate. Otherwise, it was go go, go. That is an exception. On the other hand, once he is a little older, he may go as long as there is something stimulating to do. After he is a year old, you could even consider agility training with him. My daughter is attending classes with their Lhasa/Min Pin mix. There were times my wife questioned if we should have named our last Lab, Pepper. As a puppy, she spend a lot of time asleep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

Shower head [ 1 Answers ]

What type or brand of shower head will increase pressure. I have good pressure to the head but the original and the replacement I bought seem to reduce the pressure greatly. They both were not stopped up but just don't seem to have enough pressure. Thanks

Hoping for some head help. [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 24 year old male, 6'2, 200 pounds. I am in good physical condition, and enjoy sports and physical activities. About a year ago, I started to have so problems with my head. I have a common feeling of lightheadedness, that will come and go in no particular routine. I went to the doctor...

Dog shaking head [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is constantly shaking her head and flopping her ears from side to side. There is no visible infection in them or anything else that I can see. What could it be?

When is a puppy not a puppy anymore? [ 3 Answers ]

Our Lhasa is now 10 months old. As a puppy we have had food available pretty much at all times, but maybe he's getting past that now, and for his weight should maybe only be fed about a cup to a cup and a half of his dog meal a day. We have been using Wysong, by the way, and it seems to have a...

View more questions Search