Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TylarRae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 05:49 PM
    My puppy won't eat or drink
    Ok I have a blue nose pitbull she is about 6 weeks old and its hard to get her to eat her puppy chow it has to be warm crushed up and with like this puppy milk in it and she almost refuse to drink water ever what can I do to get her on hard food and drinking water?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 07:51 PM
    How long have you had her and how long has she not eaten? Six weeks is the very earliest a puppy should be removed from its mother and litter. If you just got her, she may need a day or 2 to adjust. As long as she drinks some, she should be OK for a day or 2. if she shows any other sign of being sick, lethargy or diarrhea, rush her to the vet. See the ''My dog won't eat.'' section of the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog won't drink or eat ANYTHING (isnt active either) [ 7 Answers ]

I have a dog that used to jump, bite and run, but now it seems like he is weak for some reason. He doesn't run like he used to. I give him food and water but he doesn't eat or drink it neither. He has vomit once and this other time was trying to vomit but couln't get it out. I feel like I'm doing...

5 Week Old Puppy won't eat! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello- I was at a flea market last Sat. and an individual there had a box full of puppies, Apparently different breeds and different ages- he professed the age of the puppy I acquired was 5 weeks old, along with his siblings which were about twice the size of this apparent runt. The person was...

Puppy sick and won't eat! [ 15 Answers ]

OK I picked up an 8 weeks old toy poodle/pomeranian mix as a rescue on Sunday. She was just at the vet 2 days before and was spayed. But they didn't give her her shots yet as they wanted her to heal and recover from the operation sinch she was so tiny. I was to come have her get her...

Won't eat or drink [ 1 Answers ]

I have a komondor dog that won't eat or drink been 3 days he has been vomitting and is now brining up bile, he has no get up and go even though we have a ***** that has just come into season

Puppy won't eat [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 seven week old lab puppys, and had them for 2 weeks now but in the last four days one of them isn't been eating his dog food but will try and get whatever I am eating myself I have tried different types of dog food but no change, can anyone help?

View more questions Search