Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockstar08cac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Why isn't my Dog eating?
    I have a 4 yr old Chinese Shar Pei. The past few weeks he hasn't been eating normally. He won't eat any of his dry or wet dog food and now won't eat his biscuits. The only thing I can get him to eat is some bites of table food. He's losing weight and his ribs are now showing. Today he threw up. I'm very worried. There was a recall on wet dog food recently and I'm hoping he didn't get a bad batch. I stopped using the Ol' Roy brand and switched to Alpo. I threw away the pouches of Ol' Roy so I'm not sure if his food was recalled or not. What should I do? :confused:
    BlakeCory Posts: 236, Reputation: 21

Apr 12, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Check the manufacturers web site to find the details about recalls.

An x-ray might be a good idea depending on how much weight has been lost. It's not uncommon for dogs to get something stuck inside their digestive track.

Hopefully it is just a small virus but it doesn't hurt to be careful.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2007, 08:27 PM
    I think it is time to see the vet. It would be a good idea to read the sticky ''My dog won't eat.'' at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Rocstar, I agree with labman here. Whenever our pets experience a sudden loss of appetite, guessing as to what the problem is, is never a wise move. It could be any number of things. Please bring him into the vet ASAP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is 50 days old and is not eating Dog chow [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My dog name is scoobee, golden labarador,n is 50 days old,he became thin after vaccination ,got fever.. n when I try to feed him Dog chow he simply deny to intake... kindly suggest me... how to attract him in eating of Dog chow as it contains all the minerals and suppliments to good growing...

Dog not eating [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has been sick for several weeks now. I took her to the vet a couple of weeks ago because she was not eating and would gag every time she did. On the way to vet she threw up a dead animal. It was raw meat, fur and claws. It really made me sick. I think it was a rabbit she had killed. ...

Dog Not Eating [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 10 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, he is a picky eater, we feed him chicken with veggies and white rice. He is spoiled and given table scraps sometimes. Lately he has refused even the table food and only eats some when he is hand fed, then walks away. However, he has energy and...

Dog not eating II [ 7 Answers ]

My 11 year old lab has kidney disease (just home from the vet) and she doesn't show any interest in the special kibble food he prescribed (low protein). Any ideas on what she could be fed that would not be harmful to her or make her more interested? She did eat some scrambled eggs with gusto.

My dog is not eating at all... [ 1 Answers ]

We just rescued and german shepherd from the animal shelter. She is very big, but only weighs 64lbs, she is also just a little over 1yr old. We are worried of malnutrition and her being under-weight. So, we got her some dry food for puppies high in protein content. But she refuses to eat it. She...

View more questions Search