Ask
    Brittna1227 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 03:46 PM
    My puppy had blood in her runny poop
    What would it be caused by? Is it serious or fatal:confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2007, 04:08 PM
    It could be any of a number of things. Unfortunately, one of them is parvo which quickly kills may young puppies. Unless your puppy is at least 4-5 months old and had a series of shots, I would find emergency care. Not every bloody diarrhea is parvo, but do a search here on parvo and see how many puppies with symptoms like yours died. If it is parvo, its only hope is prompt IV fluids.

Lethargy is another bad sign, perhaps good cause to rush even an older puppy to the vet.

Emergency care is expensive. I hate to put you to the expense unnecessarily, but I don't want to read another post about a puppy that died.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy with blood in poop [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 9 week old poo-tzu, lstnight he woke up to go to the bathroom more than usual. This morning I noticed his poop was kind of runny, and looked like there may be some blood in it. Anyone know why this could be happening?? :confused:

Puppy won't poop outside [ 8 Answers ]

I just bought a six month old miniature pinscher. I have read that they are stubborn to housebreak. When I take him outside all he does is sniff around and eat bugs but will eventually pee. When he comes in, he sometimes poops within 5-10 min. I have even cought him squating and picked him up...

Help! My poop puppy [ 9 Answers ]

I just recently adopted my dog a German Shep. X. from the local humane society and for the first four days she was great. So much energy. Now she won't eat a thing and keeps throwing up early in the morning. She is still pretty playful but you can see that she is tired. I brought her the vet and at...

My four month old puppy has blood in his poop? I [ 4 Answers ]

My four month old puppy has blood in his poop? I assume this is abnormal. What should I do? What could this mean ?

View more questions Search