Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 11:22 AM
    With olde dogs, Pandu, their immune systems are pretty well established therefore making it more unlikely they will get parvo, but with pups they are not.

If you live in India, there was a severe outbreak of rabies there, and they were shooting all dogs they could find. So I tend to think that in your country, people are ignorant of issues with dogs. Are there actually good vets in India ?

So, you live in India ?
    pandu1089 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2012, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    with olde dogs, Pandu, their immune systems are pretty well established therefore making it more unlikely they will get parvo, but with pups they are not.

If you live in India, there was a severe outbreak of rabies there, and they were shooting all dogs they could find. So I tend to think that in your country, people are ignorant of issues with dogs. Are there actually good vets in India ?

So, you live in India ?
    Neither the vets nor the people are ignorant of dogs here. I don't trust the vets in the place which I live. Right now rabies is in good control. They shot street mutts not pet dogs. So you say that I should adopt an older dog.ok,can you mention the specific age?
    Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pandu1089 View Post
    neither the vets nor the people are ignorant of dogs here. i don't trust the vets in the place which i live. right now rabies is in good control. they shot street mutts not pet dogs. so you say that i should adopt an older dog.ok,can you mention the specific age?
    Doesn't have to be breed specific. You can adopt a mixed
    Breed. Just as good. In still a la or a golden are excellent choices.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Pandu, anything a year or older will work for you.

Nov 26, 2012, 04:41 AM
    breed. Just as good. In still a la or a golden are excellent choices.
    Well then I'll be going for a lab
    Thank you.

Nov 26, 2012, 04:43 AM
    breed. Just as good. In still a la or a golden are excellent choices.
    Will I have to worry about things other than parvo? (I meant ailments)
    Expert

Nov 26, 2012, 05:08 AM
    As long as your dog is basically healthy, and has all regular vaccinations and you take good care of your pet, then not excluding ailments that may appear from activities of daily living (dogs are susceptible to many things humans are) then you should not have to worry.

Looking after a dog is an act of love for most people; accepting them for companionship and well being. If you can't do this, then there is no sense in acquiring a dog for a pet.

You could get a cat; your seem to be trepeditious of acquiring a dog, therefore all the questions ?

Nov 26, 2012, 05:35 AM
    As long as your dog is basically healthy, and has all regular vaccinations and you take good care of your pet, then not excluding ailments that may appear from activities of daily living (dogs are susceptible to many things humans are) then you should not have to worry.

Looking after a dog is an act of love for most people; accepting them for companionship and well being. If you can't do this, then there is no sense in acquiring a dog for a pet.

You could get a cat; your seem to be trepeditious of acquiring a dog, therefore all the questions ?
    Nope I don't like cats. As I was a first time pet owner and experiencing the death of my first pet it's natural about being trepeditious when acquiring a second pet. Having knowledge about everything about the dog would be necessary. It will prepare me for facing any kind of future problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We think it's parvo [ 1 Answers ]

I have a puppy right now fighting through Parvo or what we think to be Parvo, I do not have the money for vet help, We have been giving our dog Pedalite trying to get him to pull through , I don't think its looking good! And it is very sad that taking your dog to the vet cost more than buying...

What are the signs when a parvo puppy needs to be put down, and is parvo painful [ 37 Answers ]

I Just had to put down our new boxer puppy and we think he either had Parvo or hook worms. We are devastated and are looking into getting a new baby but we want to do it safely. I am trying to figure out which one it was. Before we put him down he was crying like he was in terrible pain and it was...

Parvo [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone had a dog with parvo... my new basset hound puppy has it we just found out today the breeder say that she didn't get it from there but we have only had the dog for 8 days and well she got sick on Saturday night. Also I have 2 other dogs at the house that aren't sick with parvo and one...

Parvo [ 5 Answers ]

My puppy recently died from parvo, I buried her in the back yard. I was told the parvo will never go away, how can I get rid of the Parvo? How long should I wait to get another puppy?

View more questions Search