Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jboo1101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 10:14 PM
    Newborn kitten
    My cat just gave birth to one kitten, but the kitten appears lifeless, how do I know for sure if its alive?
    Midnight_Angel Posts: 79, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2007, 01:39 AM
    Check it's breathing, hold on to it's chest and feel for motion, under it's nose etc. Feel it, is it warm or cool??
    olivia_7 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jboo1101
    my cat just gave birth to one kitten, but the kitten appears lifeless, how do i know for sure if its alive?
    Does it move? How long have you had it? If you had it for a couple of days and its not moving it is proboly
    sammydg04 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 02:51 PM
    If it's not cleaned properly, it is probably dead. The mother won't clean it completely if she knows it is dead. If it is clean, just see how the mother acts. If she lays for it to nurse, see if it does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody Rights for Newborn [ 5 Answers ]

What are the general custody rights to a father of a newborn?

A Newborn Baby [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I Would Like To Know The Minimum Age Requirement Of A Qualifying Child Because I Had My Daughter On Oct, 19 2006. Will I Be Able To Claim Her For The Year Of 2006? I Mean She Was In My Stomach The Entire Year So Does That Count As EIC?:confused:

Newborn kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My female cat gave birth to 4 kittens approximately 5 hours ago and is ignoring them. She goes into the box if someone goes into the room but other than that she seems more concerned with her 4 month old kittens, bathing and mothering them. Any help?

Newborn kittens [ 4 Answers ]

My 9 month old kitten has just had kittens(:eek: ) but she keeps leaving them and wondering around the house everyhour or so is this normal or is she rejecting them although she is still feeding them. And also when can we pick the kittens up and stroke them.

Mother cat/newborn kitten question [ 2 Answers ]

Our cat gave birth to 5 kittens 11 days ago. All of them look very healthy and active. We have them in a very large rubber container 4 feet long/2 feet wide/2 feet tall that the mother can easily jump out of when she needs a break. We also have bedding on the bottom. We have fed the mother 2-3...

View more questions Search