Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zazzarr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 09:19 PM
    URGENT swallowed plastic polymer
    My mini daschund may have swallowed a few tiny grains of plastic polymer. It's the type that looks like large grains of sugar. My brother uses them in science experiments and they absorb a ton of water. Should I call the vet right now? Take her in tomorrow? Wait to see if she is okay? Will they pass through her fine? Help please. My brother also dropped her a week ago and now she's on rimadyl and may have to have knee surgery. I am so pissed at him.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2007, 09:42 PM
    How big do they swell up to if you put them in water? If they are about the size of her stools or less, she may pass them OK. Keep a close eye on her. You don't want to let a problem go until the weekend. If they are larger, maybe you should try to get a vet tonight. I hate to panic you, but things that swell up can block the intestines.
    zazzarr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Thanks for answering quickly Labman. I'm not sure how big they get. I put four in a big bowl of water. I'll let them sit over night and if they look too big for her to pass or she acts funny I'll taker her to the vet. Thanks soooo much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Copper into plastic [ 2 Answers ]

Hi iwas replacing my floor because it was rotting when I was cutting some of it up I got into my copper supply line for the shower how can I tie into it with plastic because my soldering job turned out to be a big waste of time. Thank you for your help

Plastic surgery [ 2 Answers ]

I have been doing a lot of research on plastic sergery in Brazil. The dr. I have been talking to seems really great but I don't know him and Brazil is a long ways from the U.S.A. I have seen his before and after pictures and they look amazing and I have done a lot of work in losing 140 lbs and I...

Plastic moulding [ 6 Answers ]

What are the bits of plastic that are cut off and disgarded after the moulding process? I think it's a word like scree or scrag?

Rubber and plastic [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, :) I am looking for rubber or plastic that could stick to the skin by a vacuum,by pressing it to the skin it causes a vacuum and stays on the skin?Do you know if something like this exists?Could you give me more details about it?Do you know about a specific product? Thank you very much ...

View more questions Search