Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onehotmamatwice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Potty Training
    Why is there a myth that girls are easier to potty train than boys?:)
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2007, 01:20 PM
    You know, I have heard that too and have never really given it any thought until you posted your question!

I think the answer is that many years ago, young mothers really didn't know how to go about potty training boys properly. Being women, it was easier for them to potty train their own daughters. Nowaday, we have a lot more knowledge at our fingertips with books and videos. Also, women have more knowledge about boys and men, in general. Years ago, their mothers and schools never prepared them for men and sex the way they do today. I remember both my grandmothers knew nothing about sex until after they were married. Menstruation wasn't a subject they were taught or understood fully either until adulthood! When my grandmother got her period she thought she was dying! And, her own mother's explanation was downright strange. My great grandmother just said, "Well, it looks like we have another woman in the family." Great explanation, huh?

Anyway, that is my best guess. You did make me curious to see if it was true or not. Here are a few links to websites that I thought you might be interested in reading.

Potty Training Girls - LoveToKnow Baby

Toilet training boys

Are girls easier to toilet train than boys?

:)
    Woah Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Well I have one of each and my son was sooo much harder to potty train then my daughter was!
    penguinmom Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 02:00 AM
    I have one of each and my 5 yr old daughter has been completely trained since she was 2.5 yrs old. My son turns 7 in January and still doesn't have the stooling portion down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What about potty training? [ 9 Answers ]

My 5 1/2 yr old ADHD and bipolar granddaughter is not potty trained yet. It does not bother her to "sit in it" even to the point of making her bottom bleed. She will go potty if reminded but my mess herself 10 minutes later. We are at our wits ends! Anyone? Please? :confused:

Potty training [ 19 Answers ]

My son turned 3 years old in April and will not use the potty! He's not interested and wants nothing to do with it. We have tried all the usual approaches without any luck. Any good ideas?? I've already tried 1- putting a potty that makes a flushing sound and a hurray sound in front of the TV...

Potty training advice? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to potty train my two year old son before the next addition arrives in may. He has gone on occasion, if I catch him in time. But he doesn't always tell me when he needs to go. Sometimes he tells me after he has gone, but not before. And I don't know whether I should ask him like every...

Potty Training [ 2 Answers ]

My female miniature daschund has been with me for 1 month. My mom think scolding her and spanking her is how you train a dog. Whenever she comes in the house she eventually pees or poops if we don't get her outside imeditly. She is always desperate to find a way inside the house or she begs at the...

Potty training [ 1 Answers ]

I got my miniature dashun in the winter. When I got home the dog did have some accidents on the carpet then we tried bringing her outside and she would do her bussines outside sometimes. Then when it got really cold she stopped and we got the puppy training pads. Until now she knew that she had to...

View more questions Search