Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drcorw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Having bleeding after sex and post hysterectomy.
    I had a total Hysterectomy(uterus,tubes,ovaries,and cervix)in November 06, everything has been good except the last two times my husband and I have had sex I have had bleeding, not spotting, bleeding. Never for any period. Please someone tell me if this is normal.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2007, 09:35 PM
    I would think that after three months it would not be what you would call normal but I would say that is could be something associated with the surgery that you had. I do think that I would get an appointment with the Dr, if for no other reason that to ease your and your husbands mind... good luck to you and good sex... hahahaha
    Mommachick Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 09:44 PM
    Sometimes with hormonal changes the walls of the vagina become thinner, sometimes with dryness. Make sure to see your GYN and discuss this with them. Sometimes a prescription for vaginal cream will greatly improve this... but it will not get better on it's own, so make an appt. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have abnormal bleeding after sex/hysterectomy [ 2 Answers ]

I had a (complete) hysterectomy 1 yr ago. A couple months ago I started bleeding after sex. The pain (moderate to severe) is inside. Deep inside. Before my hysterectomy, 2 yrs before, I had endometriosis. I had one ovary taken out and it was also attached to my bladder. I have had 2 c-sections...

Bleeding after sex [ 1 Answers ]

My problem is that after having sex with my boyfriend in the afternoon I realized that I was bleeding. Was just few drops till evening ,but didn't quite stop. During night it kind of increased. My periods got over just 5 days back. Am I having periods again? Can this be because of rough sex or some...

Bleeding after sex [ 2 Answers ]

Hi and thanks in advance for your help. I am in my early 30's and in perfect sexual health as is my husband. I have a tilted uterous which does not affect my life in any way. However once or twice I have had mild to moderate bleeding after sex. It has always happened with a rear entry...

18 months post hysterectomy still bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I am in need of some help desperately. I have a GYTN appointment on November 6th. I had my hysterectomy 1-31-05. Kept ovaries. In about 4 months after I began noticing bleeding with intercourse with my husband. Sometimes I would need to wear a pad. Also the intercourse was at times painful. ...

I have Bleeding after sex. [ 1 Answers ]

I had dumped my ex a couple months ago and I just found out that he gave me trich, and chlamydia. On top of that I had bacterial vaginosis. I took Metronidazol antibiotics for the trich and vaginosis for 7 days and azithromycin I had to mix and drink one time for the chlamydia. About 2 weeks later...

View more questions Search