Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    footshort Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 09:28 PM
    Blue heeler to stop biting?
    I have a 8 month old Blue Heeler, Sissy. I have been able to train her the basics, Sit, Lay down, etc. But I haven't been able to teach/train her not to use my forearms as a chew toys. She has done this since she was about 4 months old. I know the breed Blue Heeler tend to nip and bite, but this is too much. Sissy only does this to me, but not the rest of the family. Can anyone give some tips on how to stop this? Or tell me where I went wrong?
    Hayley1114 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2011, 06:19 AM
    Tell her NO BITE and maybe pretend she hurt u. I have the same problem but he bites everyone. His name is hunter and he is 5 months. He usually wakes me up around 6 any tips?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue heeler biting/jumping [ 5 Answers ]

We have a 5 month old blue heeler/golden retriever female, spayed 1 week ago. She spends all her time outside--occasionally allowed inside. She had a very hard time biting and chewing several weeks ago, but by using vinegar spray, we've been fairly successful controlling that. However, she...

How do I get my blue heeler to stop soiling in the house? [ 3 Answers ]

I bought my first heeler and she is a joy, that is, until she soils in the house. I have housebroken one dog already. But not sure why this dog is so hard to break. I have tried about every method out there... crate,bell,schedualed outtings,walks,even paper training. However,none have seemed to...

Blue Heeler [ 13 Answers ]

We have a four year old Blue heeler. Is the BEST dog anyone could ask for. Obedience is great- Only problem we can't seem to correct is when he is in the car. He has separation anxiety(He was also a rescue dog which I think may be the cause). When we leave him in the car/truck to grab a pop-or even...

Heeler biting Labs [ 3 Answers ]

From an email: ''My husband is going to give my dog away and I am frantic. My Heeler, Chico, bites his labs on the ankles and draws blood. He does this Constantly no matter what we do to correct him. Even the shock collar Didn't phase him. Chico is 1 1/2 years. His basic training went...

View more questions Search