Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GUERALOVER85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 01:01 AM
    Why can't my 2 week old pit poop?
    She would poop at the beginning when we would give her baby formula but now she is taking puppy formula and she can't poop?
    Jen3910 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 01:04 AM
    Her stomach has probably got used to the baby formula, and it will take awhile for its stomach to adjust to the new food
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 11, 2010, 02:07 AM

Puppies that age often need mommy to help them poo. Mom will do this by licking the puppies bum, stimulating a bowel movement.

You could try using a warm moist cloth and rubbing the puppies bum, that may work.

If it doesn't, please take the puppy to the vet. This can quickly become life threatening at this young age.

Can I ask why the puppy isn't with it's mother?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2010, 03:57 PM

Alty's advice is spot on (had to spread the rep)

The constipation would most likely be caused by the change in formula.
    If the pup doesn't poop after you have tried the suggestion above then get it to the vet, easiest fix is for vet to give an enema (vet only!) and after that slightly increase the amount of water in the puppy formula to prevent it happening again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 4 week old puppy's poop [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, we just recently got a 4 week old baby girl pit bull from a breedier, when we first got her, poop was semi solid, and she always would let us know when she has to go potty. But her poop is very wet and green its been like that for a few days now, she still lets us know but she can't hold it...

My 4 week old puppy has blood in her poop [ 3 Answers ]

My chihuahua had 2 puppies exactly a month ago and I have grown a little concerned this evening. Yesterday I picked up the tiny one of the litter like I usually do as they both love to be held and tummy rubbed and when I put him on his back in my had I noticed a little bit of bloody discharged. ...

My 8 week lab puppy won't poop outside what do I do? [ 2 Answers ]

My new Lab puppy will pee outside, we leave her out there for a while, then bring her in within a minut she has pooped like 3 times. What do I do?

Orphaned, bottle fed, 4 week old shih tzu/lhasa puppy doesn't poop daily. [ 32 Answers ]

Is there anything I can do to help my orphaned puppy poop? His mother was hit by a bus 2 days after he was born, I brought him to my home 3 days ago.. He has only pooped once since being here, he's eating lots of formula, not on mush or solids yet,. he's passed the point already where he would need...

How do I get a 4 week puppy to poop [ 22 Answers ]

I got a new puppy. Its still a little young to have left its mother and now it won't poop I really need help like now because it is blowted... :confused:

View more questions Search