Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dogperson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 01:49 PM
    Sudden behavior change
    OK, so as my name might indicate, I know a lot more about dogs than I do about cats, nonetheless through interesting circumstances I have ended up with this kitten. The kitten is female, thusfar unspayed, calico and roughly 6 mo. Old. I have had her for about 5 mo. Now, and she has always been very friendly and cuddly. She also gets along well with my dog, a very large mutt, and they commonly curl up together and sleep. Two days ago she started sitting in her liter box and didn't come out all day. When I went in after her she didn't purr, as per normal when being picked up, and after a second or two she screamed/yelped jumped out of my arms and hissed as she ran under the sink. Nothing out of the ordinary that I know of has happened in the last two days. Any ideas??
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 5, 2006, 01:55 PM
    It may be a urinary tract infection as cats are prone to those, she probably felt sudden pain when you held her and that's why the reaction and I would see a vet asap for a thorough examination. Explain this info on the phone when you make the appointment. I have cats and a dog too, endless comdey here! LOL
    dogperson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 02:23 PM
    Thanks. Will do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat behavior change [ 4 Answers ]

My male cat has been acting strangely the last couple of days. He usually does not like to sit with people, and dislikes being bothered, but lately this has changed. He has been sleeping in weird places, like under desks, and comes and curls up next to people. Also if you pick him up and set him...

Sudden Changes in her. [ 3 Answers ]

Well we been married for almost 8 years and we have a son of 4 years old, in all this years we were very good in all the parts of our family, we shared everything and like I said no problems at all, until one day we got in a very heated fight and we ended there, she went back to her mother house...

A sudden change.. . [ 24 Answers ]

The other night, my girlfriend of two years told me that she wanted to have a break. Now I have never had to deal with this so I am not quite sure what this means. She said she didn't love me anymore the way she did for so long and needed time to figure things out. However she did say she still...

Cat Behavior Change [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an 11 year old cat who has , over the past few weeks, become more withdrawn and just acting.. different. He doesn't come when he's called, he kind of hides from everyone and the other cats (one his brother and one his best friend). He just has lost the spring in his step and even his...

Sudden change in cat's behavior [ 2 Answers ]

Several months ago I adopted a cat from the humane society - shortly after I got her - she stopped eating, so I took her to the humane society vet clinic. It turned out her bone marrow stopped producing red blood cells and she was Jaundice - and had to be put to sleep. The humane society said I...

View more questions Search