Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kashajade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 08:50 PM
    How to help pug having problem breathing after breathing in water
    My 4 year old female pug sometimes breathes water in when she takes a drink and then has trouble breathing. She hunches over and hacks and snorts and seems in distress. What can I do to help her when this happens and how can I prevent this from happening again,
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2010, 09:59 PM

Unfortunately it's a common problem with flat faced breeds.
    Even my dogs will chortle and cough if they drink to fast and mine have long noses.
    If you watch a dog drink they actually flick the water up into their mouth with their tongue, and sometimes they can flick up t their nose if they are trying to drink too fast.
    However sometimes it can actually be a problem with the dogs throat and they have trouble swallowing, it's best to get him checked out by a vet to rule out this problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I having trouble breathing? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I am having trouble breathing I don't have asma I am pretty sure but I don't know what else it could be... I am at a lost can someone help me?

Breathing problems? [ 1 Answers ]

I am having this problem for more then three months.When I have problems with my breathing I feel like the problems comes from my upper stomach.Running is my hobby,and when I run I really don't feel any problem with breathing.But suddenly I first feel some weird feeling in my stomach and after a...

Difficulty in breathing [ 10 Answers ]

I smoke, and drink large amounts of caffine. At night when I am trying to drift off to sleep I have a terrifying feeling.. on and off for the first hour, it feels like no air is going in my lungs and it feels like my heart stops for around 3 seconds, in response to this horrible feeling I gasp...

Breathing pain [ 1 Answers ]

Just recently I have had a sharp pain only when I breath in deep, right about the center of my chest right about where the center of the rib cage ends, but no numbness or anything in my arm, anyone think they might know what it means?

Breathing Problems! [ 18 Answers ]

Hiya I'm 15 years old and I've recently being having trouble breathing. Its been going on for about two weeks and I'm really scared! What could be wrong with me? Could it be something serious? Please help I'm so so so so scared!

View more questions Search