Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TrioKIT Posts: 13, Reputation: -1

Nov 6, 2006, 05:37 PM
    Strange cat behavior. Im worried please help!
    I have two cats named sweetpea and azalea, and about two years ago I adopted another kitten. His name was guy.

Sweetpea adored the new kitten. But azalea was not pleased and stayed away.

Guy got bigger and when he got to be about azalea's size she would swat at him whenever he got near. Now guy is much bigger than azalea. She generally leaves him alone but if he gets close she will swat him and run away.

Often I leave on Friday nights and come back Sunday afternoons. My neighbor comes up to check on them and stuff. But this weekend when I came back Guy did not come out to see me, usually all of the cats come running out. So I snooped around to see where he was. He was squished under my sister's bed which was full of her junk. No matter what I did he would not come out. Even to bribes.

Eventually he came to lay with me in bed, this was when I could tell he wasn't feeling well. Azalea was hanging around in my room ignoring us.
    When suddenly she ran over to my bed ran up on top of guy and hit him really hard on his head, hissed and ran away. I was shocked. So guy left my bed and went out to the living room I think he was kind of freaked out. I heard hissing and pounding and I ran out to see azalea standing about two feet away from him her body hunched like she had just pounced.

This morning guy was in my room and azalea came in and jumped on my bed (guy was not very far away) I started petting her but as soon as guy saw her I noticed he pricked up his fur and tucked his tail under him. He started to run out of the room and as he did azalea chased after him hissing and violently growling. This is so strange and kind of scares me. I am really confused. Why is azalea lashing out like this? Any ideas?

Oh and all three cats are spayed.
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Nov 6, 2006, 05:48 PM
    Some cats end up never getting along. She could be asserting her dominance as cats are very territorial. Something else is going on and she has redirected aggression, or he isn't feeling well and she senses it. Also, any new cats sneaking around outside? There should be and you don't know it. SOmeone new move in around you, a dog, a kid? WHat about a change at home? Move any furniture? Check out the behavioral tips at www.ddfl.org. Also, look up Feliaway. It is a great natural product that works for many cats!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat behavior change [ 4 Answers ]

My male cat has been acting strangely the last couple of days. He usually does not like to sit with people, and dislikes being bothered, but lately this has changed. He has been sleeping in weird places, like under desks, and comes and curls up next to people. Also if you pick him up and set him...

Unusual cat behavior [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female tabby cat that is and always has been a loving cat. She lives with us on 6 acres partially wooded. She came in the house after being out for a few hours. She started acting strangely in way of getting up and down out of my lap - meowing very loudly and very suddenly...

Strange blower behavior [ 4 Answers ]

My house has a very early high-efficiency furnace, sold by Sears in the early '80s. We do not have central air. The furnace operates the way it always has over the 5 years we've owned the house, but a couple of friends recently pointed out that it's not acting as it should. I'm trying to narrow...

Cat Behavior Change [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an 11 year old cat who has , over the past few weeks, become more withdrawn and just acting.. different. He doesn't come when he's called, he kind of hides from everyone and the other cats (one his brother and one his best friend). He just has lost the spring in his step and even his...

Pregnancy and cat behavior [ 3 Answers ]

Both my cats have gone missing over the last week. I am nine months pregnant and wondering if this has anything to do with it? I have put out flyers and checked with local pounds etc... any other suggestions?

View more questions Search