Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    James Salsman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2009, 10:41 AM
    How Do I Potty Train My Pomeranian?
    Hell everyone my name is James S. I have a 3 month old teacup pomeranian whom is black with her back 2 paws having white spots. Her name is Mia. She tends to pee and poop everywhere and quite frankly I am fed up. What can I do?
    iggili8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2009, 12:23 PM

The easiest way to potty train a puppy is to take it out about every hour and a half or so. If she is 3 months old she should be able to hold it for around 2 hours. When she eliminates out side praise her and give a treat. Take her to the same spot every time you bring her outside, and use a verbal cue like "go potty" or "go pee" right before she squats. If she happens to have an accident in the house, say "No!" firmly and bring her outside to the spot where she can go. Again, praise and give her a treat. Never rub her nose in it if she has an accident, and don't hit her. This will only make her scared. It takes a lot of time and patience, but she will eventually learn that your home is like a den which you should not eliminate it. And lastly when she has an accident inside, spray it with a pet safe spray with enzymes in it to kill the scent, or else shell keep going there. Good luck!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2009, 01:40 PM
    Greetings and WELCOME to the site, James!

I moved your question out of Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will be more likely to be noticed and addressed by those who are best able to answer it. Your question will get noticed much more here.

Introductions is for people to introduce themselves only, and we try to not ask questions there. We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little bit about yourself, if you would be willing to do that.

I do note, that your question already received a very fine response while it was in Introductions.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Potty train pomeranian [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 10 month old pom who I am having the hardest time potty trainung she still goes in the house and it is driving me crazy. I love her and I just want her to be potty trained. Thanks jenny

How do I train my 5 month old Pomeranian not to go potty in the house? [ 2 Answers ]

A quick remedy for teaching my 5 month old Pomeranian, not to go potty in the house. I just bought him 2 days ago.

View more questions Search