Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bsrtlr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 10:25 AM
    Dog Vomiting
    Hi, my 1 and 1/2 year old mutt is very sick, he cannot get comfortable in any position, is crying and vomiting. When he sits he is raising his hind legs. Any help?
    cspeeks Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2006, 10:34 AM
    If he is crying and vomiting you should go to the vet. Its not uncommon for a dog to get sick if he ate too much grass or something that didn't agree with is belly but with out a complete list of what he ate I don't know that anyone could give you an answer for that. Is it possible the dog has been hit or kicked in any way... its very uncommon for a dog to cry and raise his hind legs when he sits if he is not injured. You should rush him to the vet though. It sounds like injury to me causing him stress anhd keep in mind you could be looking at an internal injury as those signs point to. Some breeds are also prone to bloat such as mastifs and other large breed dogs which can kill them and causes extrame abdominal discomfort.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2006, 12:41 PM
    That does sound serious. Is he a chewer? He may have swallowed something to big to pass and have a blockage. That happens not only with stuff they find to chew, but with rawhide, dental chews, and a lot of other stuff from the pet stores. Better get him to a vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vomiting dachshund [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 8 month old mininuture dachshund who has been on the same food all of it's life. IAMS for puppies. Every once in awhile she would vomit but now she does this all the time. I have changed food and she still does it.

Puppy Vomiting [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a 9 week old puppy a few days ago. He has suddenly started to throw up his food today and he had a runny stool. He is still playing though. I gave him a bath yesterday. His body was still a little wet when I took him out to the bathroom in about 45 degree weather. Do you think the...

My cat keeps vomiting [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there Please could someone help,I have an 8 yr old black cat who has been vomiting since Sunday evening at least 4-5 times a day.I usually give her tinned meat with a few dried biscuits on top for her meals.on Sunday I gave her a saucer full of dried biscuits as a treat.later that...

Treating Vomiting Dog at home [ 5 Answers ]

My one-year old Brittany has been through the intestinal blockage route and survived, barely. Three months later he is vomiting stomach bile with a bit of grass and refusing food. Normally he will eat your arm if you don't put the food down quickly enough, so this is significant. I found that he...

View more questions Search