Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scp_ok Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Tile to Trim. Best/correct way to finish it off
    This may be a matter of opinion, but what is the best/correct way to finish off your tile to the baseboard trim. Shoud this be grout or perhaps caulk?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 10:24 AM

What type of trim? Tile? Wood?

If tile, grout will work fine.

If wood, top surface must be flat. About 1/8'' wider than tile face. This would work better with caulking same color as grout. The wood will move and crack grout.

Good luck

Chuck
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 5, 2009, 11:02 AM

Like Chuck says, we need to know more about the type of tile and the type of trim. Chuck is totally correct about grout againist wood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

How to trim bottom door casings for tile [ 13 Answers ]

I been wondering which saw be it manual or motor powered is the best for cutting existing door moldings at the bottom to compensate for the extra thickness of a new floor such as hardwood flooring or bathroom projects using hardibacker,new tile? To date, I've used a sawsall with a long fine tooth...

It's not where you start, it's where you finish and I'm going to finish on top. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help me find the name of the song and lyrics to the song that has the line... "It's not where you start, it's where you finish and I'm going to finish on top." It came from a show, possibly Barnum? Thanks David

Timing for finish work (flooring, trim) in basement [ 3 Answers ]

I have a contractor who is doing the majority of the work in finishing my basement. As we get closer to being done (they are currently hanging the drywall), I am trying to get a feel as the best way to time/stage the final things. In order to save some money, I am going to be installing the...

Ceramic tile finish edge next to sliding door metal frame [ 1 Answers ]

How do you finish the edge of ceramic tile next to edge of metal frame sliding door? Do you butt the edge of tile to edge strip or leave 1/4 inch gap for grout? William rossbach

View more questions Search