Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amiek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Runny stool with mucous and blood
    I got a new puppy and immediately took her to the vet. She already had 2 sets of shots, so he did a fecal for worms. He found nothing but just in case gave us meds for Coccidia and vinbantel for Roundworms, Hookworms, and Tapeworms. My puppy hasn't had a normal bowel moment since I brought her home. Today it is more runny and has mucous and some drops of blood. The slime looks like worms but not tapeworms. The poop is getting more watery and is yellowish-green. She doesn't go back until the end of this week. I don't see her drinking any more than usual. She doesn't eat as much, but some of this is from the stress. She is scared of everything. Hands, feet, noise. The only thing that makes her happy are my other dogs, which stay away from her. Everyone is current on vaccines and meds. Maybe coincidence or not, I began to get sick with diarrhea 3 days after I brought her home and still have it.
    Is it urgent to go to vet or wait until end of week when I take her for next set of shots?
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Feb 8, 2009, 09:11 PM

I'd get to the vet asap. 2 rounds of shots doesn't make her safe from Parvo yet - better not take any chances and go get her checked out again, it can be deadly if not treated asap! They do not test for it unless there are symptoms, so even though she was just there... Hopefully it is just a reaction to the meds. Let us know how it goes at the vet. Please go first thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog has blood and mucous in her poop! [ 1 Answers ]

My 4 year-old Shih-tzu is allergic to everything, and over the last couple of days has been pooping and peeing all over the house. By this morning, her overnight poop has blood and mucous in it, and is really sticky. I'm taking her to the vet this afternoon, but I'm so worried about it in the...

Blood in stool [ 1 Answers ]

A 6month old has a little blood in stool what do we do? Who do we call?:confused:

Blood in stool [ 1 Answers ]

Lately I have been having blood in my stool. And it's not in it.. it comes out with it as if it were my period but not coming from that place. What could it be? Should I be worried?:confused:

My new pup has runny poo with blood [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I haven't had my pup 48hrs yet but I've noticed that in two of his poos which have been quite runny there has been a small amount of blood in it. Can any one help? Thanks

My puppy had blood in her runny poop [ 1 Answers ]

What would it be caused by? Is it serious or fatal:confused:

View more questions Search