Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purple panic Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 03:22 AM
    Am I paranoid? Any advice welcome
    Feeling a bit :confused:

Been feeling a bit off, very nauseous, very tired, very upset stomach although not eaten much due to being nauseous! Been off birth control for about 6 months. Had unprotected sex with partner on 15th July, what I thought was period started on 17th, started taking birth control again on 17th too.

On birth control originally to control periods. They were very heavy & long, month before had had a very long and heavy period with very bad cramps but last one was more like what pill had controlled, only lasted a day or so, normally takes a few months to settle back to shorter periods.

Sister just had baby and commented that I have been showing the same signs that she had in the very beginning.

Running in a 10k soon! Bit stressed at work! Am I being too paranoid?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2006, 03:40 AM
    I can tell you are stressed from the way you wrote your post.

How about going to a doctor or buying a pregnancy test?
    luvee Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Aug 8, 2006, 03:47 AM
    Krs is right, you are so stressd. Guess its becoz of the fact that you are afraid to know if you are pregnant or not in spite of you taking birth control. Birth controls are not as effective as we think they are. You better buy a pregnancy test and then if its positive, go to a doctor. Two results may vary... if you are not pregnant, guess aside from the stress there might be somthin wrong inside your abdomen (to which a doctor can only answer) or you are pregnant and maybe taking birth control has a negative effect.. which as always, because you're not allowed to take any birth control or other pills when you're pregnant... these are only theories of mine since I'd been into a situation like that on my second child. Do pray and going to the doctor is the best solution to your problem.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 8, 2006, 03:52 AM
    I agree with the answers you have so far. Sounds like your nausea could be stress induced.

However, to help ease your mind you should take an HPT. Please also know that certain BCPs can make people nauseated. This may be what is happening to you.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Aug 8, 2006, 05:18 AM
    Thanks for the answers; I had been feeling nauseous before the stress kicked in. I am leaving my job to back to university so timing is not too good. Also started birth control again due to the upcoming 10K race. Was advised to have a break after being on pill for so long (16 years) We have always been careful with other contraception but as we know not birth proof! I have booked an appointment with my doc for tomorrow afternoon. I am sure I feel my period starting only a day or so late so far!
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2006, 05:24 AM
    You are welcome :)

You do need a break off birth control pill, I was using it for 8 years and have come off it about 2 years ago, and I don't intend to use it for a while.

But good luck xx

Aug 11, 2006, 01:10 AM
    Hi,

Just to let you all know that the tests came back negative and I got something that resembles a period starting today. Still feeling very nauseous and tired though.

Thanks for the support and advice
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2006, 01:18 AM
    Glad to hear you are well :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paranoid [ 5 Answers ]

Hopefully someone can help me... I just got my puppy two days ago... before we picked her up we were told from our breeder (well known breeder, excellent) that one of the dogs in the litter had worms... and she told us that our puppy didn't, and she gave us a pill to give her in a weeks time......

Need reassurance, I am so paranoid. [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, for those of you who have read previous posts you will know that I have been pregnant before (had an abortion because I was back into a corner etc) and that recently I have been drinking lots of water which has been making me feel great. I also smoke - I have cut down and I am hoping to quit....

Call me paranoid... or not. [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know how to counter Ultra high frequency radar which may or May not be used by a given "neighbor" Of mine?? :mad:

Am I just paranoid? [ 10 Answers ]

I thought I knew a lot, but every now and them I get stumpped and this one has me paranoid. Recently my internet connection has slowed or in some cases stopped, its not my ISP, I'v asked and I think I'm the victim of some sort of snooper or some dormant trogan or virus. When I open up my...

View more questions Search