Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Feb 16, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Turning visited links color off
    How do I get the colors of my visted links back to its original color before it was visited. I even went to tools> internet options> colors and I changed the visited links color to the color of unvisited links.

:confused:
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 16, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Duecey93
    How do I get the colors of my visted links back to its original color before it was visited. I even went to tools> internet options> colors and I changed the visited links color to the color of unvisited links.

:confused:
    Hello Duecy93,

Once you visit a site, IE keeps a history of that visit and your link will not return to the "unvisited color" until the history expires. If you want to force IE to clear the history, you can open IE and go to Tools > Internet Options > General Tab > find browsing history area and click on "delete." Now, close IE and reopen it. Since the browsing history has been fully erased, the next visit to any site should show the unvisited link color. However, the browsing history does serve some purpose; in that, it actually speeds up the loading of webpages that you have already visited (on your next visit). Also, right next to the delete button is a "settings" button. If you click that and look at the bottom of the view, you'll see an option that specifies "how long" to keep the browsing history. I think the default is 20 days but you can adjust that down to 0 if you don't like seeing the visited link colors when you start a new IE session.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my home being visited by spirits? [ 9 Answers ]

I moved into my home in May 05. Every evening I feel someone is watching me and every night I wake up at 3:00 am with the feeling someone was just in my room. My daughter (23) has had the same feelings. Her room is in another part of the house. One morning at 3:00 I and my dogs woke to the sound...

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

Who is visited the moon ? [ 2 Answers ]

Who is the first person visited the moon ? Can any person again visit the moon ?

Being visited [ 4 Answers ]

My father passed away on August 27th, 2006 of cancer. From the moment he was diagnosed to the moment he passed there was only 25 days. This was extremely hard on my family but especially on my mother. They had been married for 35 years. Because of the sudden course of events, my mother has been...

View more questions Search