Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scp_ok Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Insulation Between Bathroom and Bedroom
    I'm building a house and the master bathroom's shower and bath back up to another bedroom on the first floor. I was wondering what sort of extra insulation might I look into to try and reduce the noise the shower and bath will generage through the wall. Any suggestions to talk with my builder about.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Regular bat fiberglass insulation or rigid styrofoam might help a little but not much. Putting insulation on pipes might reduce the sound of water moving through the pipes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Bedroom [ 15 Answers ]

I have been with my wife for nine years this month we will see our fifth wedding anniversary. We have two fantastic kids and are very happy and I believe still deeply in love with each other... However just lately the only time we make love is when my wife has been out and under the influence...

Smell in my Upstairs Bedroom/Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I'm sure this has been asked... but I need some help. I live in a 2 story townhouse. My bedroom is upstairs and there is a bathroom off the bedroom. About a week ago, I started noticing a smell. The smell comes and goes. Sometimes it's so bad I can't go into the bedroom and 45 minutes laterI...

Basement Bathroom Insulation [ 1 Answers ]

I am a little confused... I am renovating my basement that has cinderblock walls and am adding a bathroom with shower. I have 2x4 framing up, but only 1 wall of the bathroom is on an exterior wall. I have drilocked all cinderblock walls and used R-19 insulation, but did not put any sort of plastic...

Ceiling fan and bedroom/bathroom lights quit working [ 5 Answers ]

I was changing a light bulb in my ceiling fan and my bedroom and bathroom lights and ceiling fan quit working. I checked the breakers and nothing was tripped. I reset the breakers anyway and it is still not working. Do I need to check the wiring and if so, what do I check for?

Insulation [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the state of Massachusetts,so it very cold here.when I take the old window out and the weight of the window what type of insulation should I put in the gap inside. Thanks

View more questions Search