Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scp_ok Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Carrier Air Cleaners
    Does anyone have experience with any of these air cleaners:

Air Cleaners - Carrier

I'm interested in looking into them for a new house and also wondering if these can easily added to an existing system. That way if I don't add them in the build, see if I can add them down the road w/o too much extra expense or if really its much more cost effective to have them added now.
    evart Posts: 14, Reputation: -3

Jan 12, 2008, 05:09 PM
    All I know is that Ionic Breeze's can cause major issues. They cause free radicals in the air which are extreemly harmful to some people. One myself or anyone with a immune system issue's. They should be leary of using them. I almost killed my bird also and our vet is who told us why the bird was so ill and why I was getting skin leasions. My body does not know what to do with free radicals and so they make my skin mutate. Not cool at all. The company suppossidly solved the issue but don't believe it, they are stilll very dangerous to use when you are in the room. I believe if you use it at work say overnight and turn off when you enter it may be OK but I do not know for siure and would makeabsolutly sure before I used one again. But do they work for ridding odors and dust?? AMAZNGLY WELL!! :confused:
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 05:31 PM
    I don't know anything about "free radicals" but I can tell you that electronic air cleaners do work very well at removing dust and smoke from the air, most air cleaners installed in the air conditioning system are better installed at the time the furnace is installed. If the furnace is an upflow, the furnace sits on the air cleaner, to install one later you would need to remove the furnace, install the air cleaner and reinstall the furnace, if it has air then that would have to be raised up also. Much cheaper to do at time of original installation. Good luck, Mike
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 07:03 PM
    It's the Infinity air purifier it has a merv rating of 15 it works great and its easy for the home owner to service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyson cleaners [ 1 Answers ]

Why should our Dyson 07 cleaner switch off suddenly although the filters have been changed as suggested. How would one unblock the cyclone if that is the problem?

Cleaners business! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm very much interested in starting a cleaners business. Can someone guide me or give the information I need to get started? I have no clue where to even begin. Thanks!!

View more questions Search