Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ceriroberts Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 12:31 PM
    I drink 2 much
    Hi there names ceri, I drink 2 much , and its reckin my relationship with my boyfriend, e.g. I wake up in the morning and the boyfriend is angri with me and I ask what I've done and I've either hit him or gave verbal abuse, and the scary thing is I don't remember a thing, I'm only 17, And need some advice how to stop, I don't want to go to doctor or anyhtin, thanks for reading
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 12:47 PM
    You do need to see a doctor and perhaps seek counseling or go to AA meetings, this is not a problem you can just solve yourself, alcoholism is an addiction.

Honestly, I lived my entire childhood with an alcoholic parent, it's not something a person can just decide to change without help and support.

Nov 14, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Haia thanks , I have also sufferd my parents being alcoholics, but they sorted themselves out withouht no one, but could I just use the support of ma boyfriend? What do you think
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 12:55 PM
    You might be able to do that, but relapse is common and more likely without professional help, and I strongly urge you to attend AA and also consult a doctor about your drinking, he may be able to give you the names of some pills that cause you to vomit when you drink alcohol, so you can't drink, or maybe recommend a therapist to get to the root of your drinking problem, and drinking heavily can also cause severe health problems like cirrhosis and other liver issues.

Nov 14, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Thanks , so I should just make a docs apointment then tell him, But last time I did that, the doctor got some people, to fone the house, and my parents got annoid
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Well I would first look up the number for your local AA chapter. Then you should attend the meetings and ask them what you should be doing and use them as your support to help you.

Nov 14, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Ta hun, uve been a help. Xxxx lots of love ceri
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Also, your parents shouldn't get annoyed, they should be concerned and trying to help you, they are obviously not being supportive and that's not good.
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:07 PM
    You're welcome! Good luck!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Since you are 17 you may want to try AlaTeen. Like AA but for teens. The damages you are doing to your body by drinking so much are terrible and permanent.

Do your parents let you drink? Does your boyfriend drink?

It will be very hard to stop if you have drinkers around you.

Nov 14, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Haia j-9 , my parent still drink but its only 4 cans anite, and to me, that better, plus they now have a stable job, yes there is always booze in our house, ma boyfriend buys 24 pack every Friday, and ihe buys me a big bottle of martini and 2 bottles of wine spritjaz, and I spend around 25 quid on top of that on cheap stuff, my parents buy me the booze ansd my before, so yes it is hard,

Nov 14, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Haia j9, yes there's always boze in the house , ma boyfriend buys some every week, and my parents drink 3cans a night
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 01:17 PM
    You need to get in touch with AlaTeen. I have to say though that this is going to be an uphill battle for you as to become sober you really need to stay away from any and all temptation.
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:19 PM
    You need to explain to your parents that you are an alcoholic and you need all the booze out of your life, your boyfriend too. Maybe you can help them get clean, too but there's no way to force them to. If they won't help/cooperate, you need to find a safe and alcohol-free place and people to support you. Other alcoholics will just bring you down, and hopefully it doesn't come to that, but it may be hard to separate yourself from these people, but it is for your best interests, alcoholism can ruin your life, cause fatal accidents, and result in a young death. Drinking excessively (4 cans a night, every weekend, that's a little much) is bad bad bad for you.

Nov 14, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Well I drink this fizzy wine, its 5.5% and ill drink 3 of them a night, plus 2 cans ands maybe a wisky ans coke, so I drink more than them, ma boyfriend doesant drink much but he buys the cans for himselph, but then I tend to drink them after finishing mine , I can't leave were I'm living beecause lack of money etc
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Well it will be hard, I know you probably can't move out, but perhaps you can seek refuge with a relative?

The amount you drink does seem to be a lot, and they seem to drink a lot too, and your boyfriend is just enabling. You need to get them on the helping and supporting bandwagon, and stop drinking, most importantly.
    dataguneed Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Hey I'm 15 I had an addiction to liquor and I abused my girlfriend now we don't talk but I also had an anger issue first I went to a psychologist and admitted my problem then we talked about ways to solve it get your boyfriend involved and talk with him about how he can help you solve your problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog will not drink [ 2 Answers ]

My dog just had her teeth cleaned and a bump removed on her eye lid, she was put under, and will not drink any water. She is eating fine and going to the bathroom, but has not had any water in two days and very little water before that. What do I do ?

Do I Drink Too Much? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so I really like drinking, if it were up to me I would drink 24/7. I usually drink on weekends and if so, I drink a lot. Like I'll have up to 6 or 7 drinks of my own. If I happen to have the money to buy booze on a weekday I will but I drink less then (like 3 or 4 drinks) but only because of the...

Can I drink this [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased on eBay a bottle of cherry marnier liqueur about 30 years old. It is unopened, never opened and around 48 proof Is it safe to drink

View more questions Search