Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    regnig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Sudden change in behavior
    My 3-y-old neutered, female Burmese cat, who has always been very gentle and loving both with me and my other cats has suddenly started attacking my other two cats. This has lasted for about 16 hours at this time. What could be wrong with her?
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 06:43 PM
    It could be a territory dispute. How old are the other two cats? If they are younger, she may be feeling like it's time for them to go find their own territories.

It's also possible that it's a classic case of displaced aggression. Is there anything outside that may be upsetting your cat? If your cat is wanting to get out and attack another animal and one of the other cats comes by, the first cat may attack the inside one because it's handy. And some random things can trigger this. There have been cases of cats being startled by their own reflections in glass and attacking a handy cat because of it.

And it could be a sign of a physical problem, so a visit to the vet is not a bad idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sudden change [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I started seeing my boyfriend in November and things have been going on well until February. I was really scared about going into the relationship because we are in different states and I've never been in a long distance relationship before. He assured me we would cope and he came to see me a...

Sudden change of behavior [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone. My husband and I have 2 cats who are brother and sister. We've had our babies almost their whole lives and they're about 2 years old. They're both usually frisky, playful with each other and us, affectionate and very much a part of our lives. Sebastian, who has always been the...

Sudden behavior change [ 2 Answers ]

OK, so as my name might indicate, I know a lot more about dogs than I do about cats, nonetheless through interesting circumstances I have ended up with this kitten. The kitten is female, thusfar unspayed, calico and roughly 6 mo. Old. I have had her for about 5 mo. Now, and she has always been...

A sudden change.. . [ 24 Answers ]

The other night, my girlfriend of two years told me that she wanted to have a break. Now I have never had to deal with this so I am not quite sure what this means. She said she didn't love me anymore the way she did for so long and needed time to figure things out. However she did say she still...

Sudden change in cat's behavior [ 2 Answers ]

Several months ago I adopted a cat from the humane society - shortly after I got her - she stopped eating, so I took her to the humane society vet clinic. It turned out her bone marrow stopped producing red blood cells and she was Jaundice - and had to be put to sleep. The humane society said I...

View more questions Search