Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riles19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2005, 03:43 PM
    Mini Daschund Bladder Problems
    My year old mini daschund has been holding his urine for long periods. When he does go he goes a lot. Sometimes he will start walking away while he is still peeing. He is also peeing unexpectedly when he never used too. Any suggestions?+
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2005, 05:06 PM
    The usual sign of a bladder infection is frequent dribbles. Still, each case is different. I wouldn't explore behavioral remedies until a vet checks him.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 7, 2005, 11:46 AM
    My best advise to you would be a healthy doggy visit to you veterinarian. There are many underling conditions that would cause him to dribble. Holding urine for a long period is not a big thing our dog Miss Piggy will hold it for what seems to me as a life time. Some times when we take her out she will pee 3 different times to get it all out. I took her to the vet for her check up and question our vet. She told that the bladder will only release a certain amount at a time. Still all in all visit your vet to make sure there are no underling problems. It is always better to be safe than sorry. Remember hind sight is 20/20

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weird breathing and hick-ups mini daschund [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mini daschund, just over 3 months old. This morning she started breathing heavily and doing hick ups and cough combination. As if she is having a hard time breathing. She tried to throw up twice but she couldn't. She is also licking the floor as hard as she can. I have no clue why. She...

Mini Daschund Having Seizures [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 5 yr old male, mini daschund who has recently started having seizures. I'm not familiar with the breed and actually didn't acquire him until he was 4 yrs and from a stranger so I don't know his history. Are seizures a common medical condition for this breed?

Mini-Daschund w/ ear problems [ 1 Answers ]

We brought home a 1 year old mini-daschund about 2 months ago. He is great, but about 2 days ago he started scratching his ears and rubbing them on the carpet and whining. I have cleaned the edges out with Q-tips and was able to clean out some brown gunk, but although he was very still, I was...

Mini daschund pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me how long a mini daschund pregnancy lasts? I think my mini might have gotten pregnant on her last heat?

I am the 4th owner for my 1yr mini daschund [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got my dog Harley about three weeks ago, and the previous owner declared to me that he was house broken.  So I watched him for the first few days and left him out while I went to work.  But it seems like he just isn't getting it.  I don't think he is crate trained either, and I work 10 hour...

View more questions Search