Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssimp06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Puppy Schedule
    I just got a 4 month old dachshund puppy. How much should he be sleeping, eating, playing, etc?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 02:39 PM
    The eating is easier to say. He should be getting 2 meals a day now, but you can cut back to one after 6 months. A cup each meal or what the bag says is a good starting point. With their backs, Dachshunds can't afford to be fat. Evaluate him as in this link, LongLiveYourDog.com - Life Span Study - Rate Your Dog Adjust his food as needed. He may not need to lose weight, just replace fat with muscle and bone.

I let puppies play until they are tired. I them let them sleep until they wake up. He should still spend a good bit of time sleeping.

Check the sticky for more puppy info starting at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251802

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are Schedule 40 and Schedule 80 ratings for pipe? [ 15 Answers ]

Ok, pvc is temperature restricted to 140 F so no hot water, cpvc can be used in the house. What is schedule 40 and schedule 80?

Schedule A Deductions and Schedule C - No AGI [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a sole proprietor (an electrician) and after finishing schedule c I basically had very little profit to report from the business. With no other Adj Gross Inc, I started to figure my itemized deductions, but with no Adj Gross Inc, how can I best use my itemized deductions? Thanks,

Schedule C [ 6 Answers ]

It says that Schedule C allows to deduct Partial cost of your cell phone. Partial cost of your personally-owned computer/laptop (if used for business). Partial cost of your Internet Service provider (if used for business). Business use of your home/apartment How is "Partial" calculated...

HELP, puppy schedule crisis [ 2 Answers ]

I fed him at 10:00am and then later at 6pm. And last night I was right on schedule with my boston terrier. He finally pooped. He pooped at 7:40pm last night and I thought that was it. I was so happy!! But I was wrong! I woke up and found poop all over his cage. I was going to walk him at 9am....

Getting dog on our schedule [ 1 Answers ]

He is a 7 month old black lab male. He has to go pee at least twice a night at approx 3am and again at 6am. We also let him out beofre bed at approx 10-11pm. The last couple of nights he has had to go pooP right at 6am. The other night he was really wanting out of the bedroom, he took all his toys...

View more questions Search