Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worrieddogmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 09:23 AM
    Female Pit Bull breed now bleeding after 65 days
    We breed my dog 65 days ago she was acting pregnant, she gained about 15 pounds milk bags filled, thought we could feel the puppies move. Two days ago she started bleeding, the blood is dark almost black. She sits up and looks like she is trying to push then lays down like a pup is coming, nothing comes but small amounts of blood. Is there something wrong with my baby or is she having a false pregnancy.
    PLEASE HELP
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 15, 2009, 09:43 AM

Take her to the vet IMMEDIATELY! Your dog is in trouble! Can you not tell that?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 15, 2009, 10:01 AM

I'm sitting right now watching a documentary on Michael Vicks dogs that were rescued, and many people pitched in and spent months and months rehabilitating these sweet dogs! So many of them died, and had the most horrific things done to them!

I'm infuriated, and I don't know why people keep on breeding more dogs into this overpopulated dog world, when they don't know what the hell they are doing! How many more dogs have to die just so someone can breed more? It just boggles my mind! When are people going to get it and be responsible pet owners, and have their dogs spayed or neutered?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 03:38 PM

So many things I want to say right now, none of them good.

First, why haven't you taken your dog to the vet? She's probably in labor, has a puppy stuck in her birth canal and is now bleeding to death while you sit at your computer asking us what to do. Take her to the vet!

Second, why are you breeding your dog if you obviously don't know the first thing about breeding? She's bleeding, bleeding is never good, never okay and always, always needs a trip to the vet. Always!

You say you're concerned? About what? The profits from the puppies that might die, or about the female dog, your "baby" that might die, all for greed.

I'm getting so sick of these backyard breeders! Really, what's it going to take to get this epidemic to stop! Anyone?

Sorry for the harshness, but kindness isn't working, logic, isn't working, so, maybe, just maybe, telling them the consequences of their greedy actions, will work. Doubt it, but I've tried everything else.

Have your pets spayed or neutered, there are enough unwanted animals in the world already. Leave the breeding to those with the knowledge, experience and money to breed.

I'm done.
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Feb 16, 2009, 02:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    I'm sitting right now watching a documentary on Michael Vicks dogs that were rescued, and many people pitched in and spent months and months rehabilitating these sweet dogs! So many of them died, and had the most horrific things done to them!

I'm infuriated, and I don't know why people keep on breeding more dogs into this overpopulated dog world, when they don't know what the hell they are doing! How many more dogs have to die just so someone can breed more? It just boggles my mind!! When are people going to get it and be responsible pet owners, and have their dogs spayed or neutered?
    Yesterday I watched DogTown on National Geographic channel(and the 100th episode of the dog whisperer) and that is what it was about. Michael Vicks dogs. It was so sad. So many dogs found dead on the property. Had either been bait dog, had been shot,drown,electrocuted or hung. And then the dogs that they had been rehabilitating, most of them were still so trusting of people.

Here is my rule of thumb about breeding your dog. Don't DO IT!! Especially if you have to come on here and post questions like this, for you are obviously uneducated about this.

Why on earth would you jeopardize your dog's health and gamble with her life?? For a few hundred dollars?? I am disgusted. Take your dog to the vet.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 16, 2009, 04:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rex123 View Post
    Yesterday I watched DogTown on National Geographic channel(and the 100th episode of the dog whisperer) and that is what it was about. Michael Vicks dogs. It was so sad. So many dogs found dead on the property. Had either been bait dog, had been shot,drown,electrocuted or hung. And then the dogs that they had been rehabilitating, most of them were still so trusting of people.

Here is my rule of thumb about breeding your dog. DONT DO IT!!! Especially if you have to come on here and post questions like this, for you are obviously uneducated about this.

Why on earth would you jeopardize your dog's health and gamble with her life??? For a few hundred dollars??? I am disgusted. Take your dog to the vet.
    That is exactly the show I was watching! I didn't mention the name of the show. It was "Dog Town." Sickening wasn't it? It came on right after The Dog Whisperer, and some that haven't done their research, are quick to judge him. I watch Dog Town every Sunday. Wasn't it fun to see the dog who's teeth were pulled? Wasn't it fun to watch the black pitbull (I think that was Diablo?) that was so horribly afraid of humans, and cowered into the corner, and almost shook out of his skin... but yet trusted the girl that would sit with him for hours to gain his trust? Isn't it nice to know that Michael Vick is going to be released from his cushy jail cell (he is a celebrity after all) this July?!

Yet, wasn't it nice to see that these dogs, as abused as they were, could be such loving beings? They hold no grudges. Some were missing half of their faces, some were blind and/or deaf. Many didn't even have eyes or ears. Some had diseases that were very hard to pinpoint, and once the "volunteer" vets did, they wondered how many of the other dogs had spread this disease to others?! After all this physical and emotional abuse, these dogs were sweet souls that were willing to give someone else a chance! How many humans do you know like this?

When does the wreckless breeding, and the ignorance stop? :(

... and just a side note! Rex's mom?. I am truly disgusted also! (had to spread the rep)
    Crista Posts: 66, Reputation: 16

Feb 21, 2009, 04:37 PM

Wow, I wouldn't of been able to watch that show with Michael Vicks abused dogs. I would be crying my eyes out!
    A person like that gets to wander the streets again this July? And we wonder why our criminal rate is so high, because a person who can do such horrible things I would rather not speak or type of walks our streets like he's normal because the justice system believes he did his time.
    If he can do those things to innocent animals that can't defend themselves, what do you think he'll do or desires secretly to do to people. Would you trust Michael Vicks down a dark alley? Hmmm, I think not too.
    Pets Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Crista View Post
    Wow, I wouldn't of been able to watch that show with Michael Vicks abused dogs. I would be crying my eyes out!!
    A person like that gets to wander the streets again this July? And we wonder why our criminal rate is so high, because a person who can do such horrible things I would rather not speak or type of walks our streets like he's normal because the justice system believes he did his time.
    If he can do those things to innocent animals that can't defend themselves, what do you think he'll do or desires secretly to do to people. Would you trust Michael Vicks down a dark alley? Hmmm, I think not too.
    Okay, I'm going to say this, outloud, and hope that you all know that I wouldn't ever follow up on what I'm saying, but I can dream, right?

I'd love to meet Michael Vicks in a dark alley with 4 or 5 of the pitbulls that he abused. Oh yes, I'm sure they'd love to have a little "meeting" with him. I can't say that I'd help him, I really can't say that I'd stop the dogs, and I don't think I'd feel any remorse afterwards.

If that makes me an evil human being, well, so be it. You see, I only feel pity and humanity towards animals and humans, Michael Vick is neither.

Having said that, you all know I won't act on it, Michael Vick is not worth it, but I wouldn't cry over him if someone else decided to exact a little revenge.

Darnit, I really shouldn't post this. Oh well. ;)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 21, 2009, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Okay, I'm going to say this, outloud, and hope that you all know that I wouldn't ever follow up on what I'm saying, but I can dream, right?

I'd love to meet Michael Vicks in a dark alley with 4 or 5 of the pitbulls that he abused. Oh yes, I'm sure they'd love to have a little "meeting" with him. I can't say that I'd help him, I really can't say that I'd stop the dogs, and I don't think I'd feel any remorse afterwards.

If that makes me an evil human being, well, so be it. You see, I only feel pity and humanity towards animals and humans, Michael Vick is neither.

Having said that, you all know I won't act on it, Michael Vick is not worth it, but I wouldn't cry over him if someone else decided to exact a little revenge.

Darnit, I really shouldn't post this. Oh well. ;)
    I think Vick should be the one put in the ring with the dogs he has USED to profit from. I wonder if when he gets out, if his bank account still has the blood of these dogs on it. The dogs that are missing limbs, missing half of their faces, ears, eyes, noses. Yet, the few that survived either being the "fight dogs", "bait dogs", or "breeder dogs," because they were too messed up to be in a money making fight, have now been placed, after much rehabilitation, with loving families. These are just the few that survived. It's been proven that people that abuse animals, are a threat to society and will also be abusive to human kind. I wonder how long he will last on the streets? I hope he ends up working a $6 an hr. job at some factory. Even that would be to good for him. I just don't understand the justice system at all. He should NOT be out of that cell for a long time!

I guess "worried dog mom" isn't going to return. She didn't like to hear the truth? Very ignorant and sad! :(

Feb 21, 2009, 05:25 PM

Backyard breeders reminds me of puppy mills, it's same thing really, just a bunch of greedy people who care little of the animals and more of the money that they will make from them. I will NEVER buy from breeders. I don't understand why people do when the animal shelters help other animals with the money they obtain from adoptions.

Your far from evil, Altenweg, don't ever think that. I was picturing the dogs getting their revenge with Michael Vicks in that dark alley and it makes me feel better that one day life will steer him a path of misery and pain.
    Pets Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Crista View Post
    Backyard breeders reminds me of puppy mills, it's same thing really, just a bunch of greedy people who care little of the animals and more of the money that they will make from them. I will NEVER buy from breeders. I don't understand why people do when the animal shelters help other animals with the money they obtain from adoptions.

Your far from evil, Altenweg, don't ever think that. I was picturing the dogs getting their revenge with Michael Vicks in that dark alley and it makes me feel better that one day life will steer him a path of misery and pain.
    :) I can be evil, have no doubt. ;)

I can't say "never buy from breeders" because there are reputable breeders out there. Our beagle puppy is from a breeder, but I did a lot of research on her and her dogs before adopting him. I would have adopted from a shelter, but I couldn't find a beagle anywhere within driving distance, and I didn't want to rescue a dog site unseen.

My border collie cross is a rescue and my lab cross was born to a friend who unfortunately didn't think things through very well and had an unexpected litter. He didn't charge anything for the puppy's and had the female spayed as soon as the pups where whelped. She was only a year old, the male was also his dog, came with the property he bought, he didn't know he wasn't fixed. Still, he should have been more careful, but sometimes things like this happen.

I also have 4 rabbits, 2 shelter rescues, one found by a neighbors friend who couldn't keep her, and one store bought (I couldn't leave him there).

I have a cockatiel that belonged to a workmate of my hubby's, they adored her but the son was allergic, they had to re-home her, she's a welcome additon to our family.

I also have the feeder fish that will live forever. A 27 cent goldfish that I was told wouldn't live for a week, he/she is now over 4 years old. ;)

Breeding, if done responsibly, is okay, but breeding just because you have a male and female, that's a recipe for disaster, and the reason why we have so many unwanted dogs in the shelters today.

Crista, check out Starby's other thread;

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/p...rs-285842.html
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Feb 22, 2009, 04:00 AM

Its true that not all breeders, are bad. I can say we got rex from a breeder but he is alo reputable breeder. He is very educated and loves the Husky breed. He doesn't over breed which is a good thing because that would mean more huskies in shelters. Another reason I know I can trust him is because he doesn't put a pricetag on his dogs. He gives them to good homes.

We have an SPCA but it has very little money and there is not even a shelter here in Antigonish. Here is the available for adoption animals in Antigonish, if you will notice there is only 3 a dog and two cats.
    New Page 1

I wish I could say that I am proud because our people in our town obviously take care of their animals and don't just put them in the shelter when they get fed up, or no longer have time for them... And yeah they don't bring them to the ladies at the SPCA, they do things that are much worse. The animals who are no longer wanted, who are a nuissance,or who were unplanned puppies or kittens. Have one of three outcomes, people take them and drop them off on the side of the road somewhere, people take them to the vet and get them ''humanely euthanized'' (what's so humane about killing a healthy once loved pet) or there are the unlucky ones who are killed, either shot or drown... It sickens me to think people could do this to there pets.

Feb 23, 2009, 11:12 PM

I understand about there are professional and kind breeders out there. It's just I've volunteered at SPCA's here in Canada, I walk the dogs and play with the cats. I had to stop coming in because the animals I come in to help feel loved get, "put down," because they've been at the shelter too long. The people where I live don't adopt too many animals at the shelters. I would love to have a dog myself but sadly I can't because where I live let's me have cats but not dogs. That's why I promised to myself for when I do get to adopt a dog, I will from the animal shelter. Nothing against professional and kind breeders out there, it's a goal of mine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bull Mastif / Staffordshire Bull Terrier Under Weight [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My dog is half Bull Mastiff and Staffordshire Bull Terrier and has a good appetite but it doesn't seem to matter much we feed him he still looks underweight, we've also had him wormed and the vets say that he is in very good shape and that the weight will come. He is 7 months and very big in...

Female dachsund and bleeding? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, does anyone know at about what age a female dachsund should be going into heat or bleeding? I have a 2 yr old purebred female dachsund who is from a long line of quality prize winning show dogs and as of yet I cannot say for sure that she has ever started bleeding or been in heat. She is a...

WANTED! Female Boxer to breed with my male [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where to find an AKC certified female FULL BLOODED boxer in the Cincinnati/ NKY area? I am looking to breed my AKC CERTIFIED boxer with a female but don't know where or who to ask... if anyone knows any boxer breeders anymore around that area, please let me know! Thank you.

What is better for my female dog. To breed her or not? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 2.4 years old lab. I was going to breed her last time but it didn't work. One vet tells me the best thing for her is to have puppies once. Another vet told me she doesn't have to. I want to do what ever it is the best for her. What would be the best for her? Could you please advice me?...

Need female Dachshund to breed [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 3 year old black and tan miniature akc registered dachshund. I am look for a female miniature dachshund to breed him with. I live around the Lafayette, LA area. THANKS!!

View more questions Search