Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scp_ok Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Adobe Flash 9 Not Working on Some Sites
    I have Windows Vista Premium and I run on IE7. I have some web sites that use Adobe Flash 9 I surf on, but when I go to some they don't work. I go to the flash page and download it and it shows it works on that page, I manage the addins and it shows it is enabled, but still it does not work on some websites. I downloaded Firefox, added in the addin and it works just to compare. Anyone have a suggestions of a setting I'm missing on IE7 that will fix this?

Here is one page it does not work on: Beaver Village . Under Beaver Village it should show pics via flash, but does not work. I was trying to review the places to stay and can't see pics using IE7.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 08:22 PM

It does work on my IE

You may need shockwave installed also, here is link with the latest flash and shockwave
    Shockwave and Flash Player 11.0.0.429 (Complete Standalone Installer)
    Download the Shockwave and Flash Player 11.0.0.429 (Complete Standalone Installer)

Oct 9, 2008, 08:42 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I downloaded and installed it and it still does not work. :( . This just seems really odd to me.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 10:52 PM

Try this link to fix your adobe http://docxp.mvps.org/b1n/FlashRepair.exe

Save and run, hope this helps out

Oct 12, 2008, 05:36 PM

Sorry.. for some reason that didn't work either. I will try some other things and just use Firefox as needed.
    eagle100_3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 11:24 AM
    If a webpage with the same flash content does not work in all browsers, (Chrome, Opera, IE, Firefox, Safari, etc), go to Adobe's Global Manager web page:http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_ manager.html or just right click on the blank Flash player and select " Global Settings", navigate to Global Storage Settings Panel and check the box that says "Allow third party flash content to store data on your computer". This setting applies to your user account ONLY and will have to be checked on every instance of a new user account on your computer(s). While you are there, check the "Never ask Again" box. This will prevent every new site you visit from prompting to allow for storage on your computer. (who cares, it's a temporary allocation). Also check the third box "Store common Flash Components...."(why wouldn't you want this?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adobe Flash Player Problems [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have a new Toshiba laptop with windows vista on it. I have NEVER been able to view flash movies on YouTube or any other site. When I go to download adobe flash player 9 from the website, it doesn't do anything. I then download it manually and it says it did installed, but when I go see if...

In my computer I can open websites flash is not working ? [ 1 Answers ]

In my computer internet websites activeX & flash not working I am using windows XP & Internet explorer 7. I can try so many times then I uninstall try to re-install. In the control panel add or remove programs Adobe flash has not installing there is into mark symbol in Adobe flash player & adobe...

Download adobe flash [ 1 Answers ]

My computer at work doesnot download adobe flash player---all my other computers have. When I try to download the flash software at the work computer it says that it has been successfully downloaded but it has not---what to do? John

Easy tools to build flash sites like moonfruit? [ 4 Answers ]

Moonfruit is a hosting site that has tools that makes Flash websites really easy. Its basically just point and click and by far the best. Are there standalone software that is easy to use and does the same thing? Does not have to be flash. The link below are some sample websites. Also I've...

View more questions Search