Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    animal_lover244 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2011, 12:26 PM
    I need advise a sulotion
    My puppy just got parvo and I don't know what to do I've taken her to the vet and they gave her the shots any help?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2011, 02:54 PM

If she got parvo, the vet should have done more the vaccinate her!

With parvo, you're going to have to follow the Docs. Advise. Parvo is a virus that is very contagious and is easily spread. Due to your parvo case, clean your entire house and yard with bleach. Don't allow any dogs to come to your house and please, do not get another puppy for a very long time.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Parvo is a treatable disease and dogs can fight it. Just stay in close contact with your vet.

May 13, 2011, 02:58 PM

They gave her 3 IV's and some sort of food drop to put down her throat she needs to go back tomorrow and get another set of IV's my mom said she is doing better and is now running from her so I'm hoping it is helping! I wish I didn't have to work or id be there with her
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2011, 10:29 PM

Well it sounds like she is doing better! Just keep her stress levels down and give her lots of hugs and kisses! Sounds like you caught this disease early. I hope she recovers with flying colors!

May 14, 2011, 03:38 PM

She is recovering and doing so much better she's walking around and giving me her kisses <3 I'm so happy she's a strong puppy the doctor said she's been super strong and will recover
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2011, 11:46 AM

I'm glad! :) Parvo is a tough sickness to get over, but it can be done! Just remember that she couldn't have done this without you! Keep her stress levels down as much as possible.. She'll be as good as new before you know it!
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2011, 07:17 AM

Chances are your dog has recovered pretty well, but I would just like to mention that parvo can live for awhile on the soil/carpet/furniture etc, where ever her feces may have come into contact (she could have stepped on it and tracked it through), clean her bowls and hard toys, daily with a mixutre of bleach and water 1 part bleach- 20 cups water, pick up her feces daily and throw them straight out (dont let them sit in a poop pail for a week). This is what we did at the shelter to keep the virus at bay. And if your thinking of getting another dog in the near future I suggest an older dog who has already been vaccinated for parvo, it isn't full proof though, but you have a better chance... Someone else on here will be able to tell you the exact length of time parvo can live etc, but just thought id throw that out there to save you some hassle down the road!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for an advise [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a Guy of 25 yrs old my problem is that I have two garl frieds the garl I met fisrt she got pregnant now she got my 2 kids, the second garl told me that she want my babe I said to her not now because am not ready to have 3 kinds now she must wait for the rite time OK after she decieve that...

I need advise, please help [ 223 Answers ]

:( Hi, Can you help with some advice. I began seeing a girl (18) who is bisexual and who I really liked. When I started seeing her she told me she was going to university in a month. Because of this I thought it would be nothing serious. We had a month of great times and became really...

Need some advise [ 5 Answers ]

Even though you would think I would have all of 'this stuff' sorted out by now.. its coming back to bite me in the butt once again. I have had adhd and bipolar and boarder line personality disorder since I was 11. No one knew about it, thought I was just adhd. I was diagnosed with it 2 years...

Any advise? [ 13 Answers ]

Last night, I planted bird seed. This morning there was a bird. What do I feed it? :p :p

Seeking advise on giving advise [ 1 Answers ]

If you are sharing in a living situation with someone who you've found to be kind of a slob, i.e. not doing any cleaning nor taking care of personal hygiene, and it poses a health risk to both of you, how would you go about telling that person to cleanup? How can you tell another person that they...

View more questions Search