A friend of mine married only 1 year ago, and now wants to divorce, but added his wife's name to the house ownership. How can he get out of the marriage and still maintain ownership of his house. The woman has not contributed to the mortgage financially or in any other way. And not currently work. He is also worried about having to pay alimony. The woman has a 14 year old son who she gets child support for from the father who sees the child occasionally. My friend wants to end all ties with this woman but is afraid to because he does not want to have to pay for his mistake for the rest of his life. He has two children and is already in financial strain