Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    pennyman's Avatar
    pennyman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 12, 2005, 08:35 PM
    Unusual divorce
    Hello I am in a very unusual situation, I've currently been separated for almost 8months now and I have a no contact with the wife and the children. The court in the temporary hearing said I was to pay alimony on top of child support but there isn't anything stateing alimony but is being withheld as child support which puts according to the guidelines of the child support agency me having to net over $950.00 a week but my net is only $184.00. This is not even allowing me to support myself plus I will not even be able to claim anything on my taxes on alimony. The order was $100.00 alimony and $190.00 a week child support but this was based on when I was claiming all four of my children and my wife, but now am only claiming single and zero. I am just at an end of what to do I have a divorce lawyer but it seems she is misrepresenting me and only working to the advantage of my wife's lawyer, which I'm having to pay her lawyers fee too. WHAT CAN I DO?
    docv's Avatar
    docv Posts: 12, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 15, 2005, 10:44 PM
    I would find a new lawyer. Many of them have a free initial consult. My advice would be go to one of them with all of your paperwork, explain what your current lawyer has/has not been doing for you... and see if they can help.

    Hey... it's worth a try! Good Luck.
    fredg's Avatar
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

    Jun 18, 2005, 07:54 AM
    YES, get another lawyer!!
    You are at the point where you really, really need a lawyer that is on your side.
    Many lawyers will talk with you, no fee for the first visit.
    The money you spend on a good lawyer will benefit you in the long run. The decisions made now in court will last you for years. You need a good lawyer that you can rely on later, if needed.
    Best of luck,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unusual bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 30 year old woman and newly married.Usually my periods comes on time and never gave me a trouble.I got my last period on August 21st and it last for about 6-7 days.Then I had few intercourses with my husband and we never used any protection.Yesterday (2nd September)he ejaculated in me and...

Unusual cat behavior [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female tabby cat that is and always has been a loving cat. She lives with us on 6 acres partially wooded. She came in the house after being out for a few hours. She started acting strangely in way of getting up and down out of my lap - meowing very loudly and very suddenly...

Unusual spotting [ 11 Answers ]

I have been spotting since July 1st off and on my period is due this week still hasn't shown up I went to the docs yesterday had a urine test it came up negative I have to go back Friday for a ultra sound and a pelvic exam but I think 12 days of spotting is very odd I have never spotted that long...

Unusual hair in general [ 1 Answers ]

I have dark hairs that grow reeeeally noticeably all over my stomach. I used to shave them until I noticed it getting worse. Is this normal for anyone? Its really gross. I also have hair around my *** and upper legs big time. What DO I DO?

Unusual blinking [ 5 Answers ]

Our daughter is 3 and a half years old, and just a couple of weeks ago, she has started to have this unusual blinking. When she blinks sometimes, she really scrunches her eyes, sort of in an exaggerated way, using a lot of facial movement. Could this be her straining to see, or is this the...

View more questions Search