Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitty2428 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2013, 06:11 PM
    Spousal abandonment in PA
    My brother's wife told him she wanted a divorce. He wanted (and still wants to make it work). They went to a marriage counselor and she wouldn't even participate. Now he finds out (only from the phone company) that she's gone and rented a house and is planning on taking their 4 yr old done and move out 2/1. Can this be considered abandonment ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2013, 06:30 PM
    No, it is considered a break up and the start for either a separation or a divorce.

He needs to file for joint custody of child, ask for correct amount of visits and time with child and file for divorce.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 17, 2013, 06:47 PM
    Not even close. She wants a divorce and is entitled to do what she is doing. He needs to adjust to the fact that the marriage is over and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Spousal's 401K [ 7 Answers ]

401k question My sisters husband passed away a little over a year ago.   After more than 10 years of marriage, he overlooked naming her the beneficiary of his 401K plan.   Who is entitled to it if no one was named as the beneficiary.   They reside in the state of Connecticut.

Spousal Support [ 2 Answers ]

What can I do if I feel thst the judge calculated my spousal support wrong

Pennsylvania law regarding spousal/marital abandonment [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering what is the time line in Pennsylvania when a husband leaves the home that I can change the locks. I was told there is an amount of time and that I could file abandonment charges against him?

Spousal abandonment abroad, [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my friend, the wife, gave birth to a daughter last year. She and her husband went on a trip to their country, where his family seems to have created a lot of problems between them, and he left promising to return two months later, while she continued her vacation. By the time she realized that...

Spousal Abandonment [ 3 Answers ]

I live in California. My husband left 26 yrs ago and I have not seen him since. I never got a divorce and assume that he didn't either. When I went to apply for a County Health program to get medical care they said that I had to file for abandonment or they would need proof of his income. I...

View more questions Search