Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    gkrause's Avatar
    gkrause Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 31, 2010, 07:17 PM
    Should my ex husband share this money?
    I got divorced a year ago. My ex husband has just recently taken a woman to court and won $35,000 as for the 10years we were together we were paying child support to the woman and the child was not his. Am I entitled to any share of this amount?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    Oct 31, 2010, 07:19 PM

    No why should you, while you may have been helping him pay, it was his obligation to pay support, the support was in his name only, had he got ordered to pay 30,000, would you be wanting to help pay it also ?

    Next you are already divorced.
    s_cianci's Avatar
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

    Nov 6, 2010, 06:24 AM

    Probably not. The initial judgment for child suport was solely his, so likewise any repayment that's ordered would be his and his alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband won't share how much money he makes. [ 11 Answers ]

I have been married for 7 months, probably only 2 of them have been good, I don't work.. or should I say I only work part time.. I go to school full time, My husband won't share the checking information with me or the bank information or the credit cards information, He has asked me for...

Husband doesn't share checking acct information with me. Want to end marriage. [ 1 Answers ]

I am in need of serious help to decide if I should stay married after 18 years of marriage plus 23 years of knowing my husband. I would say for about 5 years or possibly longer (I've lost track) I have lost the feeling of love for my husband. I do not want to do things with him anymore...

Can a wife make her husband leave the home they share? [ 3 Answers ]

MY father is mentally ill and non-compliant with his medications. He suffers from severe depression and has attempted suiside previously. My mother wants my father to seek help for himself or leave for good. Can she have him committed and if so how? Can she legally make him leave the home that they...

I hold a share of a company. Do I get some money after being laid off indefinitely? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a share in a company. Do I get some money after being laid off indefinitely? Regards jamonyok

View more questions Search