Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Chunka's Avatar
    Chunka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 5, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Married to a Active Duty and want to Relocate my kids before papers are filed
    My husband and I have been having issues. He's AD in the military I am prior service. We've been married 7 years he's been in the military since 1998.

    It was an abusive (Verbal) relationship. There has been a few physical scuffs but nothing I ever documented the way I should have. The last scuff he pushed me to grab the car keys (We have one car) and left took all money out of accounts. We have two children one in Kindergarten.

    My family is 1600 miles north of where we are stationed, I mimmediately left because it wasn't safe and he was verbally abusive to the kids.

    I have sought Legal from the military (If I claim it first he doesn't get it.) and I'm seeking a personal attorney tomorrow as well however my Kindergartener has been out of school for 8 school days now and I'm desperate to get her back in. Can I enroll her up here. Can I go back to FL and pack up their personal property and split the rest of what he and I owned. Will that come back to haunt me? TIA
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Dec 5, 2007, 09:23 AM
    At this point you can move and register your kids. The divorce agreement may change some things.
    Chunka's Avatar
    Chunka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 5, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Since he has taken the money. Military can't force him to pay without a court order is my understanding. What aside from holding onto receipts can I do? I had no winter clothes at all in Fl. And now weare in winter up here family all chipped in for Clothes can I hold onto those receipts or is it useless?

    What are grounds to push for a restraining order, I didn't do it immediately then when I should have because I was not quick enough to think or take the time to think it all through. If he's in military and due to transfer I can't be ordered to follow where he goes can I?

    Thank you to the above response!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mom leave state with child if NO divorce / legal papers have been filed? [ 8 Answers ]

If there have NOT been any legal papers signed or filed can a mom relocate out of state with a child.

Once divorce papers are filed can spouses liquidate material assets? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm living with my son and his wife while my wife and I go through divorce. Once either party files for divorce are the assets frozen for disposition later or can a spouse start liquidating material assets without the other spouses knowledge?

How long do I have to move once eviction papers are filed [ 3 Answers ]

How long do I have to move once eviction papers are filed?

Collection agency refuses payment/papers filed [ 1 Answers ]

For the past six months I have been making monthly payments to a collection agency. Was told if I don't triple the amount I was sending, the agency was going to sue me. For four months the agency would call me at work and ask if I was going to triple the payment, if not they were going to sue....

View more questions Search