Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Overton05's Avatar
    Overton05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 13, 2008, 11:03 AM
    I ma getting divorce from my wife
    I am getting a divorce from my wife we both agree to the whole thing and she agree to give me give custody of our daughter and I need to get temporary custody can someone pleae tell me what I need to do to get this done and what paperwork I have to get or any at all. I am so lost in the situation and need help.:eek:
    startover22's Avatar
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

    May 13, 2008, 11:04 AM
    YOu can get temporary full custody by going down to the court house and filing for it first. I would leave now and head straight there, if those are your intentions.
    confused1145's Avatar
    confused1145 Posts: 176, Reputation: 17
    Junior Member

    May 25, 2008, 05:50 PM
    I agree, go to the court house and file for temporary custody. You will get a custody packet (it costs like 40 bucks in my state) fill the papers out and then you will be issued a court date for this matter. You could wait to take care of all of this at the divorce hearing, that would probably be the fastest way to get it finalized, but if you decide to do that then you may want to take your wife to a lawyer or a notary to get the agreement in writing and get it legal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Wife Wants Divorce. [ 32 Answers ]

We have been married for 15 years with two kids (12 & 9). I have a good job and she has her own business. We both make good money (she makes more). There have been lot of ups and downs in our relationship but we always made up and forgave. Not this time. She said she has no feeling for me...

Eight-year-old wife wins divorce [ 29 Answers ]

Eight-year-old wife wins divorce | The Daily Telegraph I honestly don't understand this. 8 year old... marriage consummated. :(

Did my wife file for divorce and I don't know it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I think my wife filed for divorce about 20 years ago in LA county California. I had my wages garnished and then she said she stopped it. We are now split up. Does anyone know how I can find the records of this other then flying down there. Or have a lawyer do it. Please help me if you have...

How do I divorce my Philippina wife from the USA? [ 2 Answers ]

I am an American Citizen. I was married in Las Vegas in 1994 to a Philippina. For 10 of our past married years, we lived in Manilla. In 2005 I moved back to the USA alone. I now want to get a divorce from my Philippina Dentist wife. We have 2 children, 13 and 4, who also live in Manilla with...

General law on divorce for wife [ 1 Answers ]

I have friends whose daughter and son in law are business partners with them. The daughter is a stay at home mother and is dependent on her husbands income. If she were to file for divorce does that hinder her getting alimony? And how would the business be treated by the courts? He seems to try...

View more questions Search