Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    murthsa's Avatar
    murthsa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 15, 2014, 02:29 PM
    My husband wants a divorce and without me getting served
    Me and my husband are married for 2 years. Now without my knowledge he filed for an uncontested divorce. When I found he wanted to get a divorce I went to court and got papers that he filled and it showes I was served by his attorney where as I was never served.

    My husbad is very angry person and gets very abusive at times. He uses a lot of course words at home and always a very controlling personality. He offers me very little amount to support the family but his expectation are a lot. We have filed my immigration through him as well as he is a citizen of United States. He always threatens me to be deported from this country if I don't listen to him. Please help me in knowing what can I do.
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Curlyben Posts: 18,506, Reputation: 1860

    Jan 15, 2014, 02:38 PM
    All in all sounds like the best course of action...
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

    Jan 15, 2014, 02:54 PM
    You do know if he wants divorced... you can't stop it. Same if you wanted one he couldn't stop it. Not in the USA anyway.

    The court will award alimony and child support if it applies. Its not his decision to make.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Jan 15, 2014, 05:22 PM
    You need to file to contest the divorce and ask for spousal support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My husband filed for divorce after I left him but won't sign to finalize divorce [ 3 Answers ]

I left my husband after taking physical, emotional, verbal, and mental abuse from him almost 3 years ago now. He filed for divorce over 2 years ago but refuses to sign the final divorce papers so I could get him out of my life once and for all and not be connected in any way to each other. What is...

Divorce papers were served and we got back together I never responded because of this [ 2 Answers ]

My wife had me served divorce papers less than a year ago , a week later we were back together and she called the court and they said they can be put on hold and I agreed , OK we split up a week ago and she said she signed divorce papers and I will get divorce papers in the mail and since I never...

If a Petitioner doesn't respond to the Motions served by Respondent in a divorce case [ 3 Answers ]

If a Petitioner doesn't respond to the Motions served by Respondent in a divorce case? What happens?

Served divorce papers [ 3 Answers ]

After acquiring his U.S.Citizenship my husband is divorcing me. What happens if I don't respond to being served divorce papers ? There is no community property to be divided as he insisted on everything being kept separate. I have separate property including my home of 25 yrs. Which is held in...

View more questions Search