Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    kittkatt17's Avatar
    kittkatt17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 14, 2008, 12:59 PM
    How can she press abandonment charges?
    My brother received divorce papers in the mail. He has been separated from her for little over a year. She is trying to press abandonment charges on him. He has tried to contact her and her mom several times. She has changed her cell phone number 3 times. Told him he wasn't allowed at her house. I have also tried to contact her and her sister and brother about seeing the kids but no one will answer us. My brother doesn't have much money to hire an attorney. What should he do?
    N0help4u's Avatar
    N0help4u Posts: 19,825, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

    Mar 14, 2008, 01:09 PM
    IF there is nothing official in court concerning child support and visitation:
    I would say he needs to go to court before she does and sign for joint custody and add that she has disappeared and so he has not been able to contact her or see his kids. He also needs to apply to pay child support. If he beats her to court to sign for child support and joint custody then it will look good to his favor that he is being proactive.
    If she applies for child support and full custody first and claims abandonment it is going to be really difficult for him to prove.
    my gang's Avatar
    my gang Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 11, 2011, 10:29 AM
    Not her ,I have sole custody.but she doesn't call or at that see them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment charges [ 4 Answers ]

How long does a parent have to be gone before you can file abandonment charges?

What is the origin of the phrase "Press Charges"? [ 1 Answers ]

I am reading a book by C.J. Sansom called Dark Fire. In the book, there is a description of 1540's English criminal justice system. "When she is brought into court, she will be asked to plead guilty or not guilty. If she refuses the under the law she cannot be tried by a jury. But the...

Can my mother press charges for statutory rape if I gave consent [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I might be pregnant my boyfriend is 19 and I'm wondering canmy mother press charges for statutory rape if I'm pregnant and if I gave consent to have an intimate relationship with him?.

View more questions Search