Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !

    Divorce records in Greece.

    Asked May 30, 2013, 07:21 PM 1 Answer
    Someone please help me. I am an Australia but I got married and divorced in Greece. A lawyer represented me in Greece as I was in Australia, I wish to get married again after ten or so years but the papers I have are not sufficient enough for the celebrant to marry me as I need a Decree Absolut. How do I obtain one??

    Last edited by talaniman; May 30, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
    Search this Question
    Share |
    1 Answer
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,002, Reputation: 7675

    May 30, 2013, 10:53 PM

    I would start with the greece embassy in your nation, and ask them procedure to get copy of paper work.

    Also why not merely contact the attorney you used to provide paper work ?

    Or of course if possible, fly out of country to a place where it is easier to get married without all the paper work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Englishman married Greek IN Greece, needs divorce from UK! [ 2 Answers ]

I am an English man who married a Greek girl IN Athens in July 1998 & we happily lived together for a further 2 & a half years there. We then split & I returned to the UK in March 2001 & haven't returned since. We had no children together & no property or other financial ties to sort out. She...

How can I find divorce records in uk [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find records for someone who has divorced

Bureau of records Address Plaka Greece [ 0 Answers ]

Trying to locate Municipal Office Address to obtain Birth certificate for a 44 year old male born in Plaka Greece?

Divorce records [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to search divorce records for free?

Greece birth records [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find birth records for people born in Greece.

View more questions Search