Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mikenjane's Avatar
    mikenjane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 3, 2014, 09:51 AM
    I read that a child of a person on ssi/d should get supplemental benefits, but when my son was born the lady at this small ssi office here told me no such benefits exist. But friends tell me that they know that isnt true.
    my boy is 19months now and i am having problems making ends meet and have a few uncoming surgeries coming that i been putting off because i need to know we can make it while i recoup. Any idea what i should do?
    are other states better than missouri,? Heck i would move if i had to or do whatever.
    Catsmine's Avatar
    Catsmine Posts: 3,827, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

    Mar 3, 2014, 12:14 PM
    Social Security does not offer assistance to children of disabled parents. You might look into AFDC. Here's a link to Missouri's website: Missouri Aid To Families With Dependent Children (Afdc) Companies

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The guardian of SSI benefits lies and says no SSI exists. [ 2 Answers ]

The custodian of a 17yr olds ssi money tells him repeatedly he is not getting SSI. Is it OK to lie to the child. The father was taken care of child. The mother with SSI left them and the sister was guardian of both ssi benefits..

On SSI was sued in small caims court, is my SSI exempt? [ 6 Answers ]

Being sued by credit card co. is my SSI exempt?

In FLORIDA 23yr old son receives SSI will SSI affect his child support amount he rece [ 7 Answers ]

We live in Florida. My 23yr old mentally retarded/autistic son receives SSI and I want to know if the SSI he receives will be adjusted in the amount of child supportthat his non custodial father has to pay. Will they deduct the SSI amount from the amount of child support due thereby reducing the...

Can spouse keep SSI on dependent if they are paying ch suppt and it's less than SSI? [ 0 Answers ]

Husband will be paying 20% which is only 200 monthly. But he gets $400.00 addit for our son from SSI. Can he keep that amount even though I have custody? He says he will give the $400.00 to me, but the legal forms says child support is 20%, which will be less than 400.00. Doesn't really matter...

Can children of a disabled parent who receives ssi also get ssi checks? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I apply for my 2 babies to receive ssi checks... I've been receiving an ssi check since I was about 18.. the mother of my babies is living back at her mothers because her mother has sarcoma cancer and had her leg amputated up to the tip and the cancer then spread to her lungs so she is...

View more questions Search