Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Puddin pie's Avatar
    Puddin pie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 17, 2013, 11:55 AM
    If my daughters father has terminal cancer.. stage 4 colon liver cancer, is she entitled to receive benitfits... I've been to the social security office and they keep telling me that she can't receive benitfits because he's receiving supplemental insurance...
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,701, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Sep 17, 2013, 04:08 PM
    If he is receiving SSD then there should be a benefit for her so long as he applies for it and also after he passes. If he is on SSI because of not enough credits then she will receive no benefits at all from it.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Sep 17, 2013, 04:35 PM
    SSDI is the federally funded program for those who worked enough years and had SS taken out of their paychecks, or paid into it as self employed.

    SSI, the supplemental one, is welfare, funded at the state level, even though you apply for it at the SS office.

    They are two different programs.
    N0help4u's Avatar
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

    Sep 17, 2013, 07:16 PM
    Go to the welfare office, tell them about your husband. They will tell you what forms you have to fill out. They will be helpful in explaining exactly what you have to fill out because they want you to collect the ss supplement before attempting to get on TANF.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No arreas and ssdi [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A Child Support Abilgation And I Am On Worker's Comp,I Recently Filed For SSDI And I Am Not Behind Since W/C Pays My Support What Happens When I Get Approved ?

SSDI and Self Employment [ 4 Answers ]

My SSDI benefit isn't enough to meet my monthly expenses and I need to go to work, but can't afford to lose my benefit and insurance. Is there a way that I can either become self employed or go to work for someone else on a 1099-MISC basis?

Please help ssdi ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have written a couple questions about social security I have one more question if you don't care. I called ssa and asked about my claim last week they told me it went from Baltimore Maryland to pittsburg does anybody know why they sent it to pittsburg. Is that were they issue checks that the...

View more questions Search