Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    DebiS's Avatar
    DebiS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 7, 2012, 07:27 PM
    Ex-husband has brain injury
    My children's father was in a motercycle accident. He suffered an injury to his brain stem and has since had several strokes. Somehow, his girlfriend,(an alcoholic), has managed to get full power of atty. Over him and will not let our grown children see or tslk to him. She has removed him from the facility where he was getting rehab, and refuses to tell anyone where he is.
    We believe she has coereced him and has told him that his children don't want to see him... even his mother cannot see or speak to him. I do ot believe this woman is acting with his best interest at heart. Is there anything I or our kids or his mother can do.. to at least find out where he is and if he wants to see them?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Sep 8, 2012, 06:32 AM
    If he has serious brain injury, she can not get power of attorney, since he could not have signed it. To give it to her.

    The children and his mom can challenge the poa in court. Or they can file for guardianship of him. Who was caring for him before, did no one have guardianship of him ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concussion? Brain injury? [ 1 Answers ]

I was hit in the head 3 days ago, and was knocked out as a result. I didn't have any symptoms for a while, I nave a headache. I have had 2 concussions in the past 6 months. No one knows about the.injury, and I can't tell anyone. What can I do to get better? What can I take to ease the...

Injury resulting from a brain MRI [ 4 Answers ]

I would like some opinions as to the possibility of winning a malpractice lawsuit. My wife has been having a very sore and inflamed throat for several weeks now. She went to her regular family doctor and he prescribed amoxicillion antibiotics for her to take. She has been taking them as...

Will another injury to a child charge send the estranged husband back to prison? [ 1 Answers ]

My estranged husband is on a ten year felony probation for a felony injury to a child. He violated with another charge of injury to a child this time a class b misdemeanor only 3 months later after being put on probation.he's been in violation ever since until they find him guilty. There are about...

S in brain [ 1 Answers ]

After angioplasty I had pain in rt. Eye ball .pain was in rt,side of head also.. it remained for some months/ intensity of this pain was not acute so it was neglected but when I got binocular diplopia I was worred much and consulted neurophyision who advised to take homeopathic drugs. Nearly after...

Daughter at 16 received traumatic brain injury, needs a guardian, she is now 21. [ 1 Answers ]

I am speaking in behalf of my daughter who lives in NC at the present. She is moving back to Idaho in July. Mainly for my granddaughters welfare. Five years ago Jennifer received a traumatic brain injury in Wasilla Alaska, in an automobile accident. Jennifer is doing reasonably fine but in no...

View more questions Search