Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snprasanna Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2004, 06:23 AM
    Device manager - Problems
    I have the following PC combination:
    KOB810DSMT (100 FSB), Intel Celeron 633Mhz, 128MB Ram, 10GB HDD, WIN2K Prof with SP4.
    I have faced a peculiar problem with this unit
    In the device manager I find the following 2 problems:
    - PCI Communication Device
    - Unknown device.
    With Yellow Question Marks??
    I reformatted the HDD w/o the PCI cards & then installed the OS. After that I installed the PCi Cards, the OS detected the same & Installed the Drivers for it.
    After this I can see the Ethernet Card LED blinking, But still unable to browse the Internet. Check the Ipconfig & it shows the IP address, but still unable to browse the Internet.
    Could some one help me understand the problem, is it with the Mother Board or with the PCI Drivers or with the PCI Cards??

Regards...
    S N Prasanna
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Dec 6, 2004, 02:00 AM
    Try reinstalling the latest Service Pack.
    iamrafic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2005, 11:31 PM
    I am also facing the same problem... is there any solution for this...
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Dec 2, 2005, 07:25 AM
    The solution to this problem depends on a couple of things:

Is your network card working?

How do you connect to the internet?

The original post was a long time ago, iamrafic, could you tell us your situation, do you have other computers on a network, do you use an internet router etc.

It could be that you just need your gateway address and dns server information entering on the network card!
    iamrafic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2005, 10:02 PM
    Thanks u friend...

The network card was working fine...

I formated the 2000 and installed windows 98... its working fine with windows 98...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Device Manager is totally blank but PC is working? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My computer is running Windows2000pro. Recently my device manager has no information in it whatsoever. It's totally blank. My computer is still working but I want to install new graphics drivers for a new graphics card. I install the latest forceware drivers from the nvidia site without any...

Device manager [ 4 Answers ]

I know now a little about IRQs and DMAs but I'm having problems about what IOs do. Thank you

Sound device problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi am having a problem with no sound on my "callwave Voice Mail". Have gone over it with several of their techs, all have different ideas of what the problem is, I've checked, unchecked, downloaded, unstalled more than I knew exhisted on this machine and still no sound. Don't know if it matters...

Device Manager - Hardware Not Uninstalling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2.8Ghz computer running Windows XP, I have decided to set up a network and so I need to change my Cable modem from its current USB connection to a Ethernet connection in order to set up the network. However, when I go to Device Manager to uninstall the USB modem, it says: "Failed to...

Device Manager - Modem Not Uninstalling [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2.8Ghz computer running Windows XP, I have decided to set up a network and so I need to change my Cable modem from its current USB connection to a Ethernet connection in order to set up the network. However, when I go to Device Manager to uninstall the USB modem, it says: "Failed to...

View more questions Search