Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AellaWalker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 06:03 PM
    My keyboard is typing the wrong thing
    On my laptop when I type an s it \show\s up like thi\s \s.
    When I type the q it come\s up a\s zq and zq come\s up zq
    The / \show\s up like /[
    The up arrow goe\s up but al\so type\s a j and when I type a j it \show\s up on the line above
    The down arrow goe\s down, but it al\so leave\s a comma
    The right arrow leave\s a period etc, etc.

Any idea what'\s wrong?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Apr 18, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Can you plug in an external keyboard?

The keyboard itself is probably bad. If your laptop is under warranty, get it fixed! If it is isn't, I guess it depends how old and how much value that laptop has - it might not be worth taking in to get fixed.
    Virtual Yoda Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 09:48 AM

Tyry the region settings and the scroll lock features as with laptops scroll lock and number lock mess things up,
    samalan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 02:36 AM
    I also have the same keyboard problem.. This is a Avaratec laptop that had win7 ultimate-Korean langage... I changed to english version through a new installation and now I have three keys typing the wrong values.This is ! That is typing "p=\8=974", Q that is typing"][=i=our" and A that is typing"\;k=ljf"...
    HELP! HELP!! HELP
    samalan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2010, 03:24 AM
    Thanks... I currently can't access an external keyboard but I'm beginning to suspect that it's a hardware problem... I'll try updating the drivers and then re-inserting the cable as the next option...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard typing wrong characters [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I'm an IT professional and embarrassed to say that I don't know the answer to this question. I have a IBM Thinkpad T42 and although the regional settings and input locale are set to English (UK), the keybord seems to by typing everything in English (US) I've tried everything I...

How do I unlock my laptop keyboard - it types the wrong thing! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, My Sony Viao laptop has some weird setting where you can change the keyboard letters to type numbers or symbols. I have no idea how I made this turn on and cannot figure out how to turn it off. Currently, if I type the letter "U" for example, the screen displays a 4. HELP!

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

Pc keyboard keys wrong [ 1 Answers ]

My hp compaq nc6220 has wrong keys - to get a @ you type " and vice versa for example. I followed all the steps in a previous thread on this subject and note that when I go into device manager>hardware>keyboard and expand it, the only entry is "quick launch buttons" i.e. no device is specified. Can...

Word 2000, Outlook 2003: My keyboard unexpectedly begins typing gibberish. [ 1 Answers ]

For example, when I type "several years," what appears on the screen is "o.k.pan f.apo". I don't understand why or when this occurs, except that it may occur inconsistently after I've been writing something for longer than a few minutes. Usually, I have to save my work and reboot to...

View more questions Search