Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sc00byd00byd00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Keyboard typing wrong characters
    Hiya all,

I'm an IT professional and embarrassed to say that I don't know the answer to this question.

I have a IBM Thinkpad T42 and although the regional settings and input locale are set to English (UK), the keybord seems to by typing everything in English (US)

I've tried everything I can think of short or re-installing XP again, PLEASE, can somebody tell me a fix for this ?

Cheers,

Scott
    Adamski Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Hi.
    Go to control panel>regional and languages>select the language tab then press the details button.Select engilish uk in the dropdown tab then apply.

Regards Adamski.
    damsella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 02:22 PM
    Thank you Adamski - I had got any odd sequence for any odd key and followed your advice a step further to change key sequence - sanity restored!

Thanks
    Paulwestbrook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2011, 05:29 AM
    TRy Alt-Shift. This will toggle the keyboard to the language you need.
    Paul
    gouldian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 06:40 PM
    When I tap the e key I get... qe

When I tap the c key I get... zc

When I tap the a key I get... ad

Please could you help me... yes I had to cut and past the right letters to type this
    Chiaraiusso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2013, 11:31 AM
    Confused and frustrated.. Am in Canada and have configured my laptop for Canada, however my wireless keyboard seems to be off kilter.. can no loner use the alt key to access symbols.. help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I unlock my laptop keyboard - it types the wrong thing! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, My Sony Viao laptop has some weird setting where you can change the keyboard letters to type numbers or symbols. I have no idea how I made this turn on and cannot figure out how to turn it off. Currently, if I type the letter "U" for example, the screen displays a 4. HELP!

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

Pc keyboard keys wrong [ 1 Answers ]

My hp compaq nc6220 has wrong keys - to get a @ you type " and vice versa for example. I followed all the steps in a previous thread on this subject and note that when I go into device manager>hardware>keyboard and expand it, the only entry is "quick launch buttons" i.e. no device is specified. Can...

Characters in Julius Caesar [ 4 Answers ]

I need urgently writings on the character sketches of portia and calpurnisa,the only female characters Of the famous play "Julius Caesar". Portia is Brutus' wife and Calpurnia is Caesar's wife. Please display writings on the character contrasts between the female characters portia and...

Word 2000, Outlook 2003: My keyboard unexpectedly begins typing gibberish. [ 1 Answers ]

For example, when I type "several years," what appears on the screen is "o.k.pan f.apo". I don't understand why or when this occurs, except that it may occur inconsistently after I've been writing something for longer than a few minutes. Usually, I have to save my work and reboot to...

View more questions Search