Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldenpatty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Heater fan runs then gas burners light
    Hi
    I have a carrier gas heater for my home. It is a model # 58dr100ba. When you set the thermostat the blower comes on, runs and then goes off. At that point the pilot light is ignited, and the burners light. After some time the burners og off, thepilot light goes out and the blower comes on. It seems to kind of heat the house but with little to no efficiency. Do you think I could have a timer signal wire incorrectly wired? This is the first time I have used the heater in this house.

V/R Goldenpatty
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 7, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Something is wired incorrectly or the circuit board is having a problem. If you do not know what you are doing I would suggest you call for ON SITE service. The furnace is NOT working properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace HSI does not glow, burners never light [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Goodman gas-forced air furnace, about 10 years old. I have power to the main control panel (part# 18099-13) and gas is "on". In the furnace sequence posted by sticky, I am having problems at the step where the hot surface ignitor "glows" to light the burners. All other steps, such as the...

Goodman pilot light on but furnace burners will not come on? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Goodman furance that will not produce heat. The pilot light is on, the gas is released, but the burners will not kick in. Do you have any idea what is causing this problem.:confused: Scott's Chicago

Burners won't light, or, stay lit [ 3 Answers ]

1'st time trying to turn heat on with new furnace-- hot surface ignition system -- burners don't light , or, stay lit -- can't tell which. Any special sequence needed to light? Any help appreciated

I have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000, It comes on but the burners do not light up [ 1 Answers ]

Its comes on for about 15 seconds and then cuts off

Heater burners will not stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

The burners on my heating unit ignite, but go out once the electronic ignitor turns off

View more questions Search