Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peteambi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 07:40 PM
    "Print Spooler Service Not Running"
    I have a problem with printer. All of a sudden printer has disappeared and when I tried to add printer, I keep getting message "Print spooler service not running"

I have tried to restore to a previous date as well as tried to restart the print spooler service but I am getting Error 2 message.

Any ideas how to get this going.

Thanks, Pete
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2009, 08:46 PM

Try net start "print spooler" from the cmd prompt. Use the quotes.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 12:05 PM

Go to start, run and type services.msc

-go down list till you get to print spooler and right click on it and choose properties

Make sure it is set to Automatic and click the start button and click apply at bottom

Close services and try again
    Ankit Suthar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 10:54 PM

There is same spooler problem then same processing not solution

Solution apo. virus cheek not found.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 04:17 AM

Go through these article steps

Error message when you use the Add Printer Wizard: "Operation could not be completed"
    prasad_m Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 07:51 PM

Type "msconfig" (without quotes) in Run,
    In that go to "Services" tab
    In that tab look out "Print Spooler" option in the list given by that services tab.
    See whether print spooler option has been enabled or not.
    If not, then enable that option and reboot your machine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Print Spooler service not working [ 7 Answers ]

My printer stopped printing. When I checked the printer box it was not there anymore so I tried to add it and I got the error message that my print spooler service was not running. When I go into the spooler service it is stopped. When I try to start it I get the error message that the system...

Could not start the Print Spooler Service on Local Computer - Error 2 [ 11 Answers ]

When I click on Start / Control Panel/ Printers and other Hardware / View installed printers there is nothing there! I then try to add a printer where I get a warning box saying ' operation could not be completed the print spooler service is not running' When I try to start the print spooler I get...

Print spooler services not running [ 5 Answers ]

I am getting a message "print spooler services not running and nothing will print. I have followed trouble shooting advice givenbut can't get it to work. Help please! :confused:

The print spooler service is not running! [ 9 Answers ]

I am in need of some help! I do not seem to be able to print anything. When I click on Start / Control Panel/ Printers and other Hardware / View installed printers there is nothing there! I then try to add a printer where I get a warning box saying ' operation could not be completed the print...

What is the difference between "Service Pack 2" and "Service Pack 2 v 2096" for Windo [ 1 Answers ]

I M CONFUSING IN WINDOWS SERVICEPACK 2 AND SERVICE PACK 2 V.2096 What is the difference between "Service Pack 2" and "Service Pack 2 v 2096" for Windows XP. Thanks Purendra

View more questions Search